SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 15-06-10, 06:40 AM   #1
nik_nunez

Default cadwell park pics

went to cadwell yesterday with 3 mates. Its an amazing track with lots of fast and slow bends and two decent straights. the first sessions was awful with all the sighting laps doing about 30 - 60 mph all the way around, took 20 mins to do the 4 laps. but after that it just got better and better each session. took my video camera on the track but the batteries died after the first two sessions so I missed all the good sessions. if anyone is thinking about going i would 100% recommend it. Found out that I have issues with left hand corners, I still go around them quite fast just cant get my knee down and my body shape feels awful, only managed to get it down once on the quick left hander after the straight I think coppice at about 110mph, right handers no probs kd on most corners. i think its just a mental block. it is quite a narrow track but still lots of overtaking opps most around the outside or corners to avoid ppl going slow hugging the racing line. the mountain was nice, the wheelie in the pic is small but on the bike felt like it was about to flip over.

Old 15-06-10, 06:47 AM   #2
Specialone

Default Re: cadwell park pics

Nice pics mate, by my standards thats a decent wheelie , im rubbish.

Who took your pics?
Old 15-06-10, 07:08 AM   #3
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Looking good.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-10, 07:54 AM   #4
Owenski

nice pics, they'd go on the fridge!
Old 15-06-10, 08:57 AM   #5
Tim in Belgium

Looks like fun
Old 15-06-10, 01:56 PM   #6
MCN_LiamM

Nice pics - you look to be going really well.

I too have the same issue with left handers for some reason. I'm not sure if it's to do with being comfotable with roundabouts going the other way or what.
Old 15-06-10, 05:33 PM   #7
Dicky Ticker

Keeping the back wheel on the ground at the jump after the S is an art in itself.
Old 15-06-10, 05:36 PM   #8
nik_nunez

have about 50 pics, just from the guy at the site, he only took pics in the first 4 sessions and missed all the better shots in the last 3 sessions. from some of the left hand pics i have the bike is leant over far enough but my knee is hugging the fairing and i am sat on the seat but at the time felt like i was hanging off. we went in novice but should have gone in inters or the fast. each grp had a few quick riders and many slower ones, in the fast had 3 ppl one was a BSB rider on a new s1000rr and man he was going mighty fast, from what we timed fast grp was going around in 1:45's to 1:50's, med 1:50's to about 2:10's, somonetimed times me and was doing 2:00's but that was the 3rd sessions and was going much quicker in the last sessions. bad news is I totally have the track day bug now and just want to do another one asap. off next friday when croft is on might just turn up at 7:15 and see if they have any no shows
Old 15-06-10, 07:46 PM   #9
rob13

Nik, next time you go out, let me know and I'll come along and shoot some pics for you. How much did those cost out of interest? Looks like you had plenty fun.
Old 15-06-10, 08:42 PM   #10
nik_nunez

yeah no worries rob, i was tempted to ask but its a long way to cadwell and back for a few photos. was £30 for a full cd that had 50 pics on it, i only wanted a few but the guy's website was down and it was buy then or never and did not have time to look at them all and choose. hopefully going to try get on at croft on the 25th, not quite sure how as yet but will work on it