SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 24-10-07, 03:11 PM   #21
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: Ace Cafe

Yea, best to leave it and let the other guys sort it out. I can do basic stuff with my bike, but things like electrics I always get me dad to supervise.

Then fix it when I bugger it up.

I'm gonna have a go at fitting them this weekend, so I'll let you all know how I found it aswell.

BTW, ace was quite good. Shoulda seen this guy turn up on a trike thing...what a heap!

Matt
Old 24-10-07, 03:11 PM   #22
5v5 rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
Its going crap given up see my other theard. Lost confidence in what I'm doing I don't want to damage my bike, which all I can happening right now bugger. I don't want to start creating problems for myself.
Yeah thats why I'm very dubious on starting my project - think I'll fish around and see what a garage would charge me - george white in slough quoted £50 (1 hrs labour), just need to ring around and see if thats a fair price..good luck on yours mate.
Old 24-10-07, 03:17 PM   #23
metalmonkey

Well infinty in Clapham will charge £55 quite a lot of money but I just want it done so I can ride the bike, I have given up caring about cost now, I just want bike in one piece. I got the bike from there so might as well take back there to be done.
Old 24-10-07, 03:19 PM   #24
Alpinestarhero

yea, definatly. It was a similar situation with getting my bike restricted; I was happy to pay £230 to have it done properly (its essentialy daylight robbery - only a couple of washers in the carbs, as far as i know)

Dont worry mate, the investment will be worth it. A bloke I know has hot grips on his zx12r. He is both frighteningly fast, and toasty warm.

Matt
Old 24-10-07, 03:23 PM   #25
Kinvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluethunder View Post
hey Jo I trying to drag my patner there for breakfast, won't be on the bike will be a work car! Though you will spot easily,

Why, is she a Rozzer?
Old 24-10-07, 03:24 PM   #26
Kinvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
BTW, ace was quite good. Shoulda seen this guy turn up on a trike thing...what a heap!

Matt

Hey....that's my pride & joy! Heap indeed ;o)
Old 24-10-07, 03:26 PM   #27
metalmonkey

They drive I don't, so I'm have to go where they want to most of the time.
Old 24-10-07, 03:28 PM   #28
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvig View Post
Hey....that's my pride & joy! Heap indeed ;o)
Its a bit pale though, going by the colour its got a touch of man flu

Matt
Old 25-10-07, 09:50 AM   #29
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
yea, definatly. It was a similar situation with getting my bike restricted; I was happy to pay £230 to have it done properly (its essentialy daylight robbery - only a couple of washers in the carbs, as far as i know)

Dont worry mate, the investment will be worth it. A bloke I know has hot grips on his zx12r. He is both frighteningly fast, and toasty warm.

Matt
i'm in the same boat as you!! got robbed for restriction kit too!!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-07, 06:08 PM   #30
metalmonkey

Quote:
Yea, best to leave it and let the other guys sort it out. I can do basic stuff with my bike, but things like electrics I always get me dad to supervise.

Then fix it when I bugger it up.

I'm gonna have a go at fitting them this weekend, so I'll let you all know how I found it aswell.

Matt
The pointy ones like mine are great for restricted riding, casue its just an ECU which plugs un plugs so much easier, as all done on the ECU......Yeah I wish hadn't started now and just handed it over at the start of week, instead of a mad rush to try be ready for Sunday.

Alpniestar will you be heading for the Ace next week? I'm on nights so could make lunch....Monday/Tuesday, it will be good to break up the study as well. Let me know.