SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-11-09, 07:43 PM   #1
madness

Default Don't you just hate...

Ebayers who turn out to be complete c*cks.

Yesterday I won a set of Frank Thomas one piece leathers for the bargain price of £25, just the thing for a track day or two next year. I should have realised I was going to have problems as soon as I emailed the guy after the auction ended.

The communications went something like this:-

Me - Would it be possible to collect the leathers in person and pay cash as I live fairly local to Mansfield. I could collect any evening this week.

Him -
did you win the bid, if so then yes?

Me -
Sorry, yes I'm the winning bidder. Could I collect tonight, if that is ok.

Him -
yes thats fine, are you paying through paypal still?

Me -
I'd like to pay cash on collection. That would save you the paypal fee. If you let me know a time and address I'll pick them up

Him -
i have never done that before it is fine by me, but how would it work with paypal?

Me -
You don't have to use paypal when you sell on Ebay. You can accept any for of payment that you want. It could be a cheque, postal order, cash, paypal or whatever. If someone is local to you and wants to collect then it's easier to accept cash. If you want me to pay by paypal I can, I was just thinking about saving you the small charge that they make.

Him -
ok then if you want to collect it you can, my phone number is 0785****** if you want to call me. when do you want to collect them?

So I call the guy and he eventually answers the third time I ring.

He basically says that I can't collect last night and to ring him tonight after 6pm and he'll give me his address or meet me somewhere.

So I call him tonight only to be told that he's made a mistake and listed them as the wrong size.

I get the distinct impression that he didn't want to let them go for £25 so was just being plain awkward.

Needless to say, he will not be getting possitive feedback.

Rant over.
Old 10-11-09, 07:54 PM   #2
Amanda

Default Re: Don't you just hate...

I would report them to Ebay first. They may force him to go through with the sale. Depends what his account is like? Would he jeopardise a good account?

What he has done is against all that Ebay stands for so they will not look favourably on it. Push it with them.

I complained to Ebay about a sale and got my money back and still kept the goods!! Nearly £50, worth trying at least.
Old 10-11-09, 07:58 PM   #3
speedplay

Default Re: Don't you just hate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda View Post
I would report them to Ebay first. They may force him to go through with the sale. Depends what his account is like? Would he jeopardise a good account?

What he has done is against all that Ebay stands for so they will not look favourably on it. Push it with them.

I complained to Ebay about a sale and got my money back and still kept the goods!! Nearly £50, worth trying at least.

You cant force him to sell anything.

Ebay claim that you are entering a legally binding contract but in al honesty, I doubt very much that they can hold you to anything.

Yes its crap and yes its not in the spirit of ebay but at worst, all they will do is suspend his ebay account.

big deal.

Last edited by speedplay; 10-11-09 at 08:01 PM.