SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-09-18, 03:18 PM   #3381
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
slander: the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation.

...only they are not false statements. You could accuse them of hanging onto his every word looking for a slip up, but they don't usually have to wait for long.

He is a destabilising factor, it takes a lot to rile Canadians (they say sorry more than we do) but Trump's succeeded with the whole NAFTA thing:
https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ca...165038690.html.

He puts tariffs on EU metal products (threatens others) and then says we should help him against China. Meanwhile US steel is about to go on strike because the workers haven't had a pay rise in years whilst their bosses have. So much for tarifffs helping the US steel industry. Takes the US out of the Paris agreement and says global warming is a myth, claims the US needs coal, gets the EPA to relax regulations on everything from disposal of coal slurry, to methane release at wellheads, to mining in public parks. Guts Obamacare and replaces it with...still waiting. Gives tax breaks to corporations and now complains that the deficit is too high and he may need to cut social security (pensions) and medicare.

I'm ranting...sorry. No more Trump from me in "smile of the day"... (gets down off soapbox).
you would make a great reporter for the daily mail...
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-18, 03:20 PM   #3382
zsv650s

And yet trump's the president who's winning
zsv650s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-18, 06:53 PM   #3383
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
yes but at least he does it openly. whether he is right or wrong he is trying to get the USA back on its feet which is no easy task considering the current state of world wide affairs.

i really dont get this whole media slandering of Trump.. he is the president of America whether you or i like it or not. i personally think its fekin hilarious what he gets upto.
+1

In some people's eyes Trump is not right even when he is, ( they have a blind hatred that 'he dared to become president when it was Hillaries turn ) they love to attack the man and ignore what he is trying to do. O'Barmy drew up the list of countries that Trump used in his initial immigration ban, obarmy also holds the record of any POTUS for deporting people, also split up families who crossed Mexican US border illegally ( because you cannot put kids in adult jails ) but no one criticised him.

As one Trump supporter said, "he made his money and then became president, others did it the other way around".

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-18, 07:35 PM   #3384
kaivalagi
Mega Poster

All this politics talk in smile of the day...something is horribly wrong

Triumph and Suzuki owner
kaivalagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-18, 08:42 PM   #3385
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Grabbing a few days in Devon, the hotel upgraded us to a three bedroom suite and gave us a discount because the room we we meant to have was being refurbished and wasn't quite finished in time. Blowing a gale but the outdoor pool is heated to 29° and the indoor sauna and Jacuzzi are fab.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 23-09-18, 06:55 PM   #3386
maviczap
Mega Poster

My hard as nails, never shows any emotions, eldest daughter gave me a hug today, first one in years, as we said goodbye as she started university today.

She even had a tear in her eye, my wife had loads.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 08:31 AM   #3387
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

She'll be hugging you lots more over the next three years as soon as she realises how little cash she has left...
Old 24-09-18, 09:39 AM   #3388
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
She'll be hugging you lots more over the next three years as soon as she realises how little cash she has left...

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-18, 11:10 AM   #3389
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

Very good Mr Rules. The Monkey is 21 now, graduated this year and got a full time job earlier in the summer. I was chuffed to bits a few months ago when she told me I could stop the monthly standing order I'd been paying into her account for the duration of her studies. I can put that cash towards toys now. Yay.
Old 25-09-18, 06:34 PM   #3390
admin
John T
Mega Poster

The front garden at Tapley Towers is in a bit of a state. The drive needed re-tarmacing so I've taken the opportunity to have the water mains pipe renewed. The old pipe has clearly been getting more and more clogged over the years.
The new pipe was connected today and what a difference to the pressure it has made. Such a small thing but it's brought a huge smile to my face.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk