SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 26-08-06, 11:51 PM   #1
Davido

Default Not a photo, but meh

Some old/new footgage I had kicking around that i decided to make use of. Enjoy.

(No Sv's were harmed in the making of this film, but the gixxer guy crashed the same day)

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...28629758179107
Old 27-08-06, 08:23 AM   #2
Saint Matt

Nice one, skills
Old 27-08-06, 10:18 AM   #3
kwak zzr

nice one davido! u keeping that up on the limiter in the same gear or u changing up? dont tell the wife but i have trouble keeping it up
Old 27-08-06, 10:59 AM   #4
gavhogg

One day I might be able to get it up!

Nice skills! Davido, I'm curious Can you explain eaxctly how to do a wheelie
Old 27-08-06, 11:29 AM   #5
Davido

Thank you thank, you're far too kind.

Right, I'm sure Big Ape's covered this somewhere before, but i'll go over it my way.

Roll along (You can do it from a standstill, but you risk flipping) get to about 15mph ideally in first, back off the throttle to let the forks compress a little, pull the clutch in and give it some revs and drop/slip it depending on your preference.

Start off with low revs and gradually increase until you find your happy medium.

Make sure to not lean on the tank as this will force the bike down, but pull back and lean with it. It'll take you a little while to get over the feeling that you're going to flip, but you'll be surprised how high 45 degrees feels at first.

Sit down aren't great on the SV as the balancing point means you can't see where you're going unless you look round the side. But you'll know when you've hit it because the revs will die a little and it will feel very light. Make sure to hold your throttle and control the height with the back brake, this is by far the safest way of doing things.

Standing up is where its at. It feels bloody scary at first, but just use low revs until you're used to picking the bike up. From there, just lean back and take it as high as you want, being able to see what you're doing in the process.

To summarise:
-Roll along at about 15mph
-Pull the clutch, rev to about 5-6,000rpm and drop it
-Back off the throttle a TINY bit and use the back brake to control your height
-It if hits the limiter, you're going down very quickly so lean back as far as you can to try and slow the fall.
-Keep trying and good luck with it.

Hope that helps guys, thanks for the comments, and remember: KEEP YOUR BACK BRAKE COVERED!

EDIT: Hit the limiter a few times in that vid, but now I keep it at bp for a lot longer. Oh and changing up is too much hassle and frankly the thought of it scares me.
Old 27-08-06, 11:57 AM   #6
gavhogg

Cheers Davido!