SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-07-06, 12:49 PM   #1
rock

Default Bike knocked over

I just nipped out to pick up some lunch before heading out to the AR06.... and some idiot knocked over my SV while I was in the shop !!

I (stupidly, I suppose) parked it on a side road behind a giant 4 wheel drive thing... popped into the shop for 5 mins, came out and it was on it's side, with the front mudguard all broken and twisted. and there are scratches on the right hand fairing panel and the crash bung is bent

Obviously I haven't got the driver's details.... they didn't even have the decency to pick it up, let alone leave a note with details.....

Hopefully I'll be able to temporarily fix the mudguard, otherwise no AR06 for me
Old 07-07-06, 12:57 PM   #2
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

That is such a ****er.Happened to me once when I was in the Post Office getting the bike it's tax.
Old 07-07-06, 01:30 PM   #3
Kilted Ginger

sorry to hear that m8, happened to me a fortnight ago, nipped into tescos for milk came out and 4 day old bike lying on side. not amused , luckily never found out who did it.
Old 07-07-06, 01:36 PM   #4
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Sorry to hear that.
Hope you get to AR06 though.
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-06, 02:04 PM   #5
rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Ginger
sorry to hear that m8, happened to me a fortnight ago, nipped into tescos for milk came out and 4 day old bike lying on side. not amused , luckily never found out who did it.
That's exactly how I felt - wanted to pummel them with a baseball bat... (and I am not a violent person !) It wasn't so much that they knocked it over... but the fact they just *left* it like that and drove away.

Fortunately, my neighnour across the street very kindly rivited the big crack back together, so it's safe enough to go on the AR06
Old 07-07-06, 02:10 PM   #6
Peter Henry

Way back when some **** did that and caused 8 bikes to fall on top of each other in domino fashion. We actually sat and watched this happen in a disbelieving manner.

We were too far to do anything about it as the car quickly sped off and back out of the services on to the motorway. Needless to say it was nightime and from our vantage point impossible to note his number plate.
Old 07-07-06, 02:43 PM   #7
quikstu

Default Re: Bike knocked over

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock
I (stupidly, I suppose) parked it on a side road behind a giant 4 wheel drive thing...

Obviously I haven't got the driver's details.... they didn't even have the decency to pick it up, let alone leave a note with details.....
Feel for you mate. Seen it happen. The one thing that pops into mind is; does the driver of the "giant 4 wheel drive thing..." even realise that they knocked your bike over???? Probably not!

Hope the bike is easily & not too expensively repaired.

Old 07-07-06, 02:46 PM   #8
kciN

I'm in no way sticking up for said 4x4 driver, but maybe he never saw it when he reversed?

But I hope someone got his number. Did you check anyone in the vicinity or people living close by??

Mud guard shouldn't be too much of a prob to fix and all the lovely guys and gals at AR06 would be delighted to help you!! I hope
Old 07-07-06, 03:16 PM   #9
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kciN
I'm in no way sticking up for said 4x4 driver, but maybe he never saw it when he reversed?

But I hope someone got his number. Did you check anyone in the vicinity or people living close by??

Mud guard shouldn't be too much of a prob to fix and all the lovely guys and gals at AR06 would be delighted to help you!! I hope
And if not, you've got a wide selection of mud guards to steal.
Old 07-07-06, 03:22 PM   #10
rock

No one else was about, unfortunately - so no number plate or witnesses.

Maybe the driver didn't see.... or maybe they didn't look. I wasn't parked that close to it or anything, I'd think (but obviously I can't know for sure) that the bike was visible...

Luckily the only major damage was the front mudguard and the crash bung bolt. Other bits and peices were scratched, but can be touched up with a bit of paint.