SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-05-10, 11:19 AM   #3471
anna
Mega Poster

Default Re: The running thread!

Well done, that is still a highly respectable time given the heat!!!
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-10, 03:05 PM   #3472
Purplevamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig_Of_The_Dump View Post

Thats good averaging is that. Burning calories is always good. Just don't forget to replace all those fluids lost with good energy.

I seem to need new trainers between 300-500 miles. Although Hoping these new Mizuno's go further. I think it depends on how you run as well as the mileage. I over pronate also and have a heavy heel strike which kills the cushioning quite quickly.
Really struggling at the moment with my left heel. Its tight all the time now despite stretching after running, i can barely put my foot flat on the floor when i get up in the morning.
I think i need new running shoes and fast.
I tend to go bare foot at home and i have been reading about these Kenkoh sandles that are supposed to be good for overpronators but they are exspensive for what they are, i think im just going to have to pay the money if i want to keep running.

Also how do you guys cope running in this heat, its killing me?
Old 25-05-10, 03:12 PM   #3473
anna
Mega Poster

PV - listen to your body, if your feet are hurting that badly then rest, get new shoes and start again when you are better, dont push an already injured heel.
Old 25-05-10, 03:31 PM   #3474
Purplevamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna View Post
PV - listen to your body, if your feet are hurting that badly then rest, get new shoes and start again when you are better, dont push an already injured heel.

I know what you mean, its quite uncomfortable, but the only problem is i am running a half marathon June 13th !
Im scared that if i stop running, i will never get back to where i am now?
Old 25-05-10, 03:38 PM   #3475
anna
Mega Poster

You wont be able to run at all if you dont give it time to recover, go see the doctors, and get new shoes.

You will recover quicker and then be able to get back to where you are now, otherwise you may just increase the injury and not be able to run the half at all.
Old 25-05-10, 03:43 PM   #3476
Purplevamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna View Post
You wont be able to run at all if you dont give it time to recover, go see the doctors, and get new shoes.

You will recover quicker and then be able to get back to where you are now, otherwise you may just increase the injury and not be able to run the half at all.
You are right.....

I know why i have the problem, so its new shoes and hopefully they are broken in enough for the half marathon lol. Eeekkkkk!
Old 25-05-10, 07:36 PM   #3477
Stig

PV. Anna is right. I paid the price for not listening to my body. My knees were giving alot of problems. I just took pain killers and kept on running. It got to the stage I could barely walk but still carried on running. I ended up spending months on recovery physio and not being able to run for over half a year. Your body is giving pain signals for good reason. Don't ignore it.
Old 25-05-10, 07:38 PM   #3478
Stig

I ran tonight. 4 very hilly miles. 33 minutes. Quite happy with that.
Old 25-05-10, 08:37 PM   #3479
Purplevamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig_Of_The_Dump View Post
PV. Anna is right. I paid the price for not listening to my body. My knees were giving alot of problems. I just took pain killers and kept on running. It got to the stage I could barely walk but still carried on running. I ended up spending months on recovery physio and not being able to run for over half a year. Your body is giving pain signals for good reason. Don't ignore it.

Well i have taken the advice given, and i think its the right decision...Im resting up this week.
It was a good call too as while i was tending to some chores i could feel my heel and the discomfort from it just walking and stuff. I was even aware of it while i was sat down, i keep getting the odd twinge.

It wasnt made easy, as my hubby still went out running without me

For as much as i know i have made the right choice, i still badly want to go running and ......why do i feel guilty not going for a run?

You would not belive the torment inside my head right now lol
Old 25-05-10, 08:49 PM   #3480
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplevamp View Post
Well i have taken the advice given, and i think its the right decision...Im resting up this week.
It was a good call too as while i was tending to some chores i could feel my heel and the discomfort from it just walking and stuff. I was even aware of it while i was sat down, i keep getting the odd twinge.

It wasnt made easy, as my hubby still went out running without me

For as much as i know i have made the right choice, i still badly want to go running and ......why do i feel guilty not going for a run?

You would not belive the torment inside my head right now lol
I know how you feel. But stick with it. And why should hubby not go running as well. Lisa and I both run at work. We hardly ever go out for a run together but do enjoy them when we get the chance. We tend to use them as 'us time' rather than any sort of proper training run. Well I do as I slow down to Lisa's pace.