SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-02-11, 01:53 PM   #3871
Tim in Belgium

Default Re: The running thread!

A very windy 22km today, running across the wind was funniest as I had to lean at an amusing angle.
Old 05-02-11, 02:24 PM   #3872
Tim in Belgium

Sorry to bring down the quality of this thread, but on longer runs I sometimes suffer from chaffing, mainly to the buttocks as they rub against each other! Does anyone have a solution to this? Or suffer the same?
Old 05-02-11, 02:54 PM   #3873
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
Sorry to bring down the quality of this thread, but on longer runs I sometimes suffer from chaffing, mainly to the buttocks as they rub against each other! Does anyone have a solution to this? Or suffer the same?
vaseline or bodyglide?
Old 08-02-11, 05:40 PM   #3874
Stig

Well I wont be doing the hell runner next weekend.

Been signed off sick by the doctor again for another week. My neck still shows no sign of getting better. Now going for x-ray to determine if there is any disc damage. It would seem I have a trapped nerve which is causing me the pain. Especially when I look up or down. Doc seems to be of the opinion possible damage due to bike accident I had.

Joy.
Old 08-02-11, 05:56 PM   #3875
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post

Been signed off sick by the doctor again for another week. My neck still shows no sign of getting better. Now going for x-ray to determine if there is any disc damage. It would seem I have a trapped nerve which is causing me the pain. Especially when I look up or down. Doc seems to be of the opinion possible damage due to bike accident I had.

Joy.
God, you're not having much luck recently mate, still theres always this
http://www.hellrunner.co.uk/helldownsouth.htm or this http://www.hellrunner.co.uk/hellupnorth.htm
chin up mate, unless its too painful that is
Old 08-02-11, 06:00 PM   #3876
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post

Joy.
oh no
Old 08-02-11, 06:00 PM   #3877
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
God, you're not having much luck recently mate, still theres always this
http://www.hellrunner.co.uk/helldownsouth.htm or this http://www.hellrunner.co.uk/hellupnorth.htm
chin up mate, unless its too painful that is
Yeah gutted. But there we are.

will have to set my sights on the down south one. Got a bit of time before that one so might just actually be fit enough for it.
Old 08-02-11, 06:54 PM   #3878
krhall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post

Hurts like hell - they are called '**** brackets' in this house as they make neat brackets around the chocolate tea towel holder (*)...first got them in Southend Half-Marathon and could barely walk because they were so sore.

I use lots of Vaseline now and that is perfect, I found body glide didn't work for some reason. Brave Soldier silicon stuff is good too, but expensive.
Old 08-02-11, 06:58 PM   #3879
krhall

Oh and sudocrem helps if you get them...just don't ask your wife to apply it for you!
Old 11-02-11, 08:43 AM   #3880
Tim in Belgium

Well I had a rubbish short fast run this morning, it was slower than some of my long slow runs! So more short and slow. The cause has been identified, white bait, fish and chips and sticky toffee pudding late in the evening.

I shall take a different approach to Sunday's half marathon!