SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-03-11, 07:59 PM   #3931
sarah

Default Re: The running thread!

I was supposed to be doing 20 miles at the weekend as my last long run before the Sussex marathon. But I gave up at 13.5 miles. Lazy.

Anyway, on Monday I was feeling enormously guilty about this so thought maybe I'd try doing 20 miles on Tuesday (yesterday) instead. I had to split it into 3 short runs due to time constraints. And I did it. One run before work, one at lunchtime and another after work.

I know it's not the same as doing it all in one go but I was pretty chuffed with myself
Old 16-03-11, 09:45 PM   #3932
Tim in Belgium

^ It sounds like the marathon is in the bag.
Old 16-03-11, 11:54 PM   #3933
The Idle Biker

you WILL do it, no question. I have no idea but I guess 4hr 10m.
Old 17-03-11, 07:04 AM   #3934
sarah

It's officially taper time now

And nearly time to go on hols
Old 17-03-11, 07:55 AM   #3935
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quedos View Post
I was hoping to join this but I've been told that I'm not allowed to run full stop now!
Oh well - must go find alternative now.
That's crap and I feel for you.

I've not run for six weeks now and really getting hacked off. There is swimming or try a rowing machine or biking. Each of which are low impact activities.
Old 17-03-11, 09:38 AM   #3936
Quedos

I never really got into it but there were days I enjoyed it and loved it and always wanted to do more with it. Now I've been told no I really don't want to watch from the side lines - I want to go get my medals again!!
Think I'm going to dust off the old bike and hit the tow paths.
Swimming - I like this, not been for ages though it was swimming that kept me away from surgery on my back - 400 lengths a day I was doing.
The good thing with swimming is the health suite/jacuzzi that comes after it

Sarah -i'm so envious - always fancied a half marathon. Its sounds like that the marathon is going to be yours- wish you all the luck in the world for it!!

Stig - THanks for the ideas I'm no good if someone tells me I can't. But I'll lurk quitely and revel in your sucesses!!

GOOD LUCK GUYS AND GALS!!

edit: - clocked up my first mile in the pool yesterday!! but boy do i ache today

Last edited by Quedos; 18-03-11 at 10:50 AM.
Old 17-03-11, 10:54 AM   #3937
BaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
I've not run for six weeks now and really getting hacked off. There is swimming or try a rowing machine or biking. Each of which are low impact activities.
Was going to ask about this.

Did a half marathon no probs. Came back to running after a little while off and found I have a really painful right knee during running and after I stop it swells up and is stiff for a few days after.

Doc has prescribed Dyclofenac (sp?) but no difference. Also advised glucosamine (sp?) for joints. Also rubbish.

Any ideas or try physio?
Old 17-03-11, 08:23 PM   #3938
The Idle Biker

This is turning into the not running thread. I'm crocked too and the pints are turning into pounds. Can't add any advice BaP but that medication has worked for me but you have to take the full course and with me it took a good few days to kick in.

We're all just too finely tuned like thorough bred racehorses prone to injury.
Old 17-03-11, 09:19 PM   #3939
Tim in Belgium

Just bought two pairs of new trainers

Going to try one pair out tomorrow morning, and the other set on Saturday, decided to go for a bit of a run round the Brecon Beacons/Black Mountains, I still have to work out a route though...
Old 17-03-11, 09:20 PM   #3940
Tim in Belgium

Just bought two pairs of new trainers

Going to try one pair out tomorrow morning, and the other set on Saturday, decided to go for a bit of a run round the Brecon Beacons/Black Mountains, I still have to work out a route though...