SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-03-11, 09:41 AM   #3941
The Idle Biker

Default Re: The running thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
Just bought two pairs of new trainers

Going to try one pair out tomorrow morning, and the other set on Saturday, decided to go for a bit of a run round the Brecon Beacons/Black Mountains, I still have to work out a route though...
While your in the Black Mountains, I have nothing as exciting. Just a jog through the woods this morning with my dogs, who decided to roll in the foul poop of some woodland animal.

It stank the car out..... Saturday morning diversion, now wash dogs, clean car, then......................out on the Bike
Old 19-03-11, 11:07 AM   #3942
stewie

Hey guys, hows it going ? still running but not had much time to post much lately, anyhoo was meant to be doing the Liverpool half on sun 27th of mar but my achilles has packed in so if anyone wants a free entry pm me, don't know how they can tell who you are so if you fancy a go let me know
Old 19-03-11, 07:10 PM   #3943
Ian P

lots of good routes here in the Brecon Beacons, swap the trainers for a pair of trail running shoes if tackling the hills. If you dont fancy the hills the canal tow path from Brecon is good (lots of wild life otters if lucky).
doing Tallybont to glangrwyney tomorrow
Old 21-03-11, 02:43 PM   #3944
Stig

I've had enough now. Tomorrow my running gear comes into work with me and I am going for a run. I've just checked Fetch. My last run was the 24th January. That isn't even funny. That's EIGHT weeks ago.

Stuff the pain in my neck. Tomorrow I go for my first run of hopefully many. Time to get back into it and the trapped nerve will just have to put up with it or p'ss off.
Old 22-03-11, 04:09 PM   #3945
Stig

Went for my first run in 8 weeks. 5.76 miles in a rather slow time of 49 minutes.

But I went for a run.
Old 22-03-11, 04:34 PM   #3946
The Idle Biker

Good news and thats not slow. Whats up with your neck, trapped nerve or arthiritis?
Old 23-03-11, 09:24 AM   #3947
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Idle Biker View Post
Good news and thats not slow. Whats up with your neck, trapped nerve or arthiritis?
Would you believe both.

A trapped nerve has caused the 8 weeks gap from running. Finally had an xray taken which didn't show anything regarding the trapped nerve but it did show up the arthritis. I'm falling apart at the young age of 44.

Still. Legs are a bit stiff today. But playing badmington this afternoon and swimming tonight with the kids. So that should loosen them up a bit ready for a run tomorrow.

With regards to my trapped nerve and the run. Well took a couple of Cocodomol before the run just in case. I didn't get any adverse pain from the trapped nerve (at least no more than I already had) and no additional pain today (apart from the normal pain it is causing). So I have decided I will continue with the running until something adverse happens. You never know, it might just be what is needed to sort out the problem. Doing nothing hasn't helped so may as well do something.

As for the time not being slow. It's slow for me. But thanks anyway.
Old 23-03-11, 06:05 PM   #3948
The Idle Biker

Both?? Unlucky but might as well run through it. Somethings just take ages to get better or you just learn to lower expectations and get on with it.

I'm going to try and sign up for the Great South run tomorrow. My application for the Royal Parks Half Marathon got turned down in ballot and I need a running target to look forward to. Thinking about the half marathon at the Bacchus vineyard (I think it was that and involves drinking wine as well)
Old 24-03-11, 08:12 AM   #3949
Stig

My legs feel like lead. Stiff as hell. My neck feels slightly worse but then I did play badmington yesterday as well. So to be expected. Running kit in work with me this morning. Will see if I actually venture out or not.
Old 24-03-11, 11:47 AM   #3950
Ed

Not posted in here for a long time - I stopped running while the business was imploding, never had the time and rarely felt like it.

I started again in a low key way... and my knees are not what they were - now grinding, swollen and painful, esp when twisting the joint... doc thinks I've f*cked the cartilage in right knee, maybe same in left, going for an X ray to confirm. Meantime, doc has ordered me to stop.

I have a feeling that I will be retiring from running