SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-07-11, 12:19 PM   #4071
Stig

Default Re: The running thread!

I've just looked on mapometer and it was actually 7.2 miles, so a little further than I thought. Did it in just over the hour. So a little better than I thought as well.
Old 05-07-11, 12:21 PM   #4072
Stig

Still suffering with a trapped nerve in my neck too which I have now had since January. Some days are better than others but still hinders some of the things I can do. Not riding at the moment so that makes things less painful.
Old 05-07-11, 12:24 PM   #4073
Milky Bar Kid

That sounds like an absolute nightmare. I am recovering from damaging ligaments in my knee so I am having to take things pretty easy at the moment until I strengthen the knee back up.
Old 05-07-11, 12:25 PM   #4074
The Idle Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
I've just looked on mapometer and it was actually 7.2 miles, so a little further than I thought. Did it in just over the hour. So a little better than I thought as well.
That's a good time with an injury for sure. I try to work on the basis that if you are carrying long term injuries that come and go, when they are not apparent put some quality training in and go for it. Go quality rather than quantity.

Though on other days I am a weak fool and go the pub.
Old 05-07-11, 12:26 PM   #4075
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
That sounds like an absolute nightmare. I am recovering from damaging ligaments in my knee so I am having to take things pretty easy at the moment until I strengthen the knee back up.
That's only the half of it. I also suffer badly with my knees and on top of that suffer with flat feet which is really hampering my running. I keep saying I am going to quit running, but can't seem to stop, so have just stopped saying it.
Old 05-07-11, 12:30 PM   #4076
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
That's only the half of it. I also suffer badly with my knees and on top of that suffer with flat feet which is really hampering my running. I keep saying I am going to quit running, but can't seem to stop, so have just stopped saying it.
I think you may be addicted! It's amazing how quickly you start wanting to get back out. I was running every other day there for about a week and a half and for the past 5 days, I've not been able to get out because I have been putting in silly hours a work and I am now desperate to get on a treadmill (needing to build up on treadmill cos of knee).
Old 05-07-11, 12:36 PM   #4077
Stig

I was supposed to get up early this morning to go out with Lisa. Her alarm went at 5.50 and I mind probed her to switch the alarm off and go back to sleep. It worked.
Old 05-07-11, 03:30 PM   #4078
Milky Bar Kid

2.74 mile today on treadmill in 30 mins. Still plodding along slowly but I am getting better! Had it set to do incline intervals too, so I was feeling that a bit in the old calves!
Old 05-07-11, 08:52 PM   #4079
Stig

Why you in Deutschland? Oh and inclines are good for getting the cardio working better, expanding the lungs which gives lungs more capacity which means more air being sucked in which means more oxygen into the blood stream which means more energy and less fatigue which means better run rate which means better...

Incline work is good.
Old 06-07-11, 04:59 AM   #4080
Milky Bar Kid

I'm not really in Germany! Yeh, I figured inclines would be good way to help get fitness level up quickly! Just home from work but intending on doing same this afternoon.