SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 30-06-06, 10:27 PM   #1
LondonLad

Default chelsea bridge

went to chelsea bridge tonight and all that greeted me was a few bikers parked up not looking particularly happy and loads of old bill, some with speed cameras.
Old 30-06-06, 10:46 PM   #2
lynw

least surprising development of the year then.

And I bet its the bikers that behave irresponsibly that complain the loudest despite giving the police/locals all the ammo they needed for a crackdown.
Old 02-07-06, 11:41 PM   #3
SteveH

The wonders of BBC1 News
Old 03-07-06, 12:16 PM   #4
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveH
The wonders of BBC1 News
er no, theyre only reporting about the irresponsible behaviour of some bikers. The blame fairly and squarely lies with said prats who think its perfectly acceptable to treat the Bridge as a race track, stunting ground and a good place to bin their bikes.

We got moved from Soho for the same reasons with no BBC involvement, so its hardly right to suggest theyre to blame for this either. Had the bikers not behaved irresponsibly they would have had no ammo or been far more difficult to prove the bikes were a hazzard and nuisance. However, as said before, some people have been all to willing to provide the police with grounds to clamp down on the meet.

I believe we have a responsibility to ourselves to behave ourselves and to accept the consequences when a few idiots cant because its "acceptable" or seen as such to do these things. The more the rest of us make it clear it is far from acceptable then perhaps the stunting/racing etc can be confined to the Ace.
Old 06-07-06, 11:52 AM   #5
Rider

Bikes have been there for decades it seems. It's due to affluent residents complaining in the newly-built flats. This has been covered on the londonbikers site from different angles including how to (hopefully) get round it.

Personally, wasn't a fan of Chelsea Bridge anyway and much prefer Frith.

Apparently, the police went about their business in a good manner - which is always nice to hear.
Old 14-07-06, 10:40 PM   #6
Jon Digital

oh well better move a bridge down maybe vuaxhall bridge thatll do bridges a bridge right
Old 14-07-06, 10:51 PM   #7
Red ones
Mega Poster

I thought it was rather quiet as I sat on the balcony with Cordelia (the other half) sipping our Gin 'n' Tonics and listening to Radio 3!
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-06, 12:46 PM   #8
SV1000s

Default Re: chelsea bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonLad
went to chelsea bridge tonight and all that greeted me was a few bikers parked up not looking particularly happy and loads of old bill, some with speed cameras.
The Police are carrying speed cameras now? Are they not a little heavy?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I think the bridge has run it's course now, people live on the bridge and I think 'we' need to respect that, move on, find somewhere else.
Old 21-07-06, 03:32 PM   #9
Swiss

F**K That SV1000. It'll settle down soon enough and everyone will return.
Old 21-07-06, 05:31 PM   #10
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss
F**K That SV1000. It'll settle down soon enough and everyone will return.
I take it you don't agree then.