SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-04-09, 01:11 AM   #1
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Default She's alive!!!

My baby Corn Snake Carla went awol in October last year and Stretchie and I searched EVEYWHERE for her for days.

At 11.30 this evening, our neighbour rang the doorbell and produced Carla in a pillowcase. Our neighbour Sam had opened her bedroom door to find Carla making her way along the skirting board. Luckily, Sam loved her to bits and always used to come over to ours to see her, so she picked her up and brought her over.

Can you Adam and Eve it??? Six months hibernation!!!

Stretchie and I almost got rid of her viv and tank, but could never quite bring ourselves to do it just incase. Good job eh?

Although we could never figure out how she got out, we decided it had to be the lid as the rest is glass, so we've made our own escape proof one for the evening and will get a proper one when we can.

First thing tomorrow though.....FOOOOOOOD. The poor thing will be ravenous after 6 months with no food or water. I know she was hibernating but WOW she must be hungry.

Sams mum Lynne had a bit of a shock. She thought Sam was joking until she saw a snake on her daughters bedroom floor!!!
Old 03-04-09, 01:37 AM   #2
BanannaMan

Default Re: She's alive!!!

I'm happy for you but....
Pet snake??? In the house???
Hmm...Not my house.

Sorry but I'm a avid follower of the old saying, "The only good snake is a dead snake".

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-09, 06:52 AM   #3
Magnum

Bloody hell thats lucky!
Ive lost my corn twice though, and found it the same day. I lost my royal before and found him in 30 seconds, it was a complete mystery how he got out.
Old 03-04-09, 07:47 AM   #4
DanAbnormal

That's one sneaky snake. My wife told me a story about a snake that one of her tenants once had, not sure how true it is but still...............

So, this lady, we'll call her Marge, had a snake called Jim. Every night Jim would escape his tank (sneaky snake see) and come and lay on the bed with Marge. She thought this was lovely as she was on her own and it felt like Jim really loved his owner. However, then Jim stopped eating and this went on for about 3 weeks. He still came out of his tank each and every night to lay next to Marge though and she had heard that snakes could go long periods without eating so she relaxed a bit. 5 weeks later and Jim was still not eating so she took him to her vet. Upon telling the vet what Jim was doing, he immediately told her to get rid of the snake. Taken back by such a dramatic response she asked the vet why on earth she would get rid of her beloved Jim. He explained that Jim has been laying next to her every night as he is measuring himself against her and starving himself as he is planning on eating her..............

I hope you have a tiny small snakehe mightust take a toe!
Old 03-04-09, 08:15 AM   #5
Jdubya

Thats just wrong...If I was your neighbour that snake would have had its head lopped off by a shovel the minute I saw it in my house.

And I gotta agree with bananaman: "The only good snake is a dead snake".
Old 03-04-09, 08:23 AM   #6
suzsv650

I wouldnt b able to sleep if i knew a snake had escaped!
Old 03-04-09, 09:23 AM   #7
Magnum

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsv650 View Post
I wouldnt b able to sleep if i knew a snake had escaped!

The worst is waking up to see a full adult size locust in front of you. I nearly shat myself, theyre disgusting
Old 03-04-09, 09:36 AM   #8
DanAbnormal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
The worst is waking up to see a full adult size locust in front of you. I nearly shat myself, theyre disgusting
I'm sure the feeling was mutual...........
Old 03-04-09, 09:37 AM   #9
Daimo

Call yourselfs men you tarts. Its only a snake.

If I had a neighbours snake pay me a visit i'd catch the bugger n take it back. Poor little sods just looking for food proably.
Old 03-04-09, 09:45 AM   #10
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum View Post
Locusts are nothing - try a Weta

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote