SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Essex Lounge No Nova's or Impreza's alllowed. Your MC's are Supervox & Messie.

Old 27-05-05, 11:15 PM   #1
jaymz

Default heavy metal !!!

hey just wondering if any of you guys/girls are into rock/metal music ? if so anyone up for some gigs if any good bands tour ?
Old 28-05-05, 09:17 AM   #2
Halonic

Default Re: heavy metal !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymz
hey just wondering if any of you guys/girls are into rock/metal music ? if so anyone up for some gigs if any good bands tour ?
Dude, listening to Spineshank as I type this, nine inch nails tickets on the mantle and the last gig I went to was Arch Enemy/Haunted/Dark Tranquility

so, HELL YEAH
Old 28-05-05, 10:47 AM   #3
jaymz

i should of known you were into metal when i saw you down at walton hahaha last gig i went to was GWAR if you remember them ? absolutly awsum & came out covered in fake blood,defo 1 of the best gigs ive been to.

ahhhhhhhh spineshank i got their album "the hight of callosness" whats their other albums like ? any ideas ?

i know its abit of a clash with the sv meet up but there is a gig friday next week im eyeing up,remember VIXEN & GIRLSCHOOL ?????? they are playing london,think its at the astoria ? fancy it ?
Old 29-05-05, 03:11 PM   #4
Halonic

Quote:
VIXEN & GIRLSCHOOL ?????? they are playing london,think its at the astoria ? fancy it ?
alas I'm pleading poverty for the next couple of months, money is tight and I hear tell of a new Type O Neg album/tour in the immediate future so I'm holding out for that

as for Spineshank, the first album was good (height of...) but it all kinda went down hill from there, HMV are doing a Road Runner thing at the mo, all the back catalogue seems to be about a fiver.

Still waiting to try my iPod on the bike though, apparently its possible to squeeze the little headphones under the lid

Mastodon + A130 = No license
Old 31-05-05, 05:37 PM   #5
Ransom

if there are any true metal fans in this forum check my band out www.forevernever.com

Could arrange a Meet/Gig combo
Old 31-05-05, 05:43 PM   #6
jaymz

hiya ransom,
defo a metal fan here what sort of stuff do your band play ? who are your influences ? im into a wide range of stuff from poison-maiden-murderdolls-marilyn manson-nightwish-gwar,so pretty much everything.
Old 01-06-05, 12:21 AM   #7
Warren

i was into metal but now prefer a bit of softer stuff.
Old 01-06-05, 12:22 AM   #8
Warren

playing in romford ransom ?
i might pop along if im free.

you ever out in the romford rock scene ?
Old 01-06-05, 06:03 AM   #9
Ransom

Quote:
hiya ransom,
defo a metal fan here what sort of stuff do your band play ? who are your influences ? im into a wide range of stuff from poison-maiden-murderdolls-marilyn manson-nightwish-gwar,so pretty much everything.
We're kinda erm... dunno if you would have heard of anything in a similar style, Meshuggah, Killswitch Engage, Sevendust, Dream Theater, Sikth. Low tuned, heavy riffs with a play on timing (polyrythms ), harsh and melodic vocals... we just play what we feel.

You can hear some here: www.myspace.com/forevernever
Old 01-06-05, 06:06 AM   #10
Ransom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikageboy
playing in romford ransom ?
i might pop along if im free.

you ever out in the romford rock scene ?
Yeah, playing in Romford on Sunday, come along, don't be shy!
I'm originally from Hornchurch, so i spent all of my youth in Romford fighting, haha. Used to do the whole Hollywoods Rock night thing and all of my mates or based in Romford, so I might even know your face from somewhere along the line.