SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-02-06, 07:34 PM   #1
Stig

Default Emergency Aid for motorcyclists.

I was due to go on one of these courses in January. Unfortunately it got cancelled the day before due to lack of interest.

I would still like to do one and thought to make sure that the next one did not get cancelled I would see if I could round up some interest and get people booked on the course.

This is obviously for people that live in or close enough to travel to Reading.

The next course lined up is for April 15th 0900 - 1300. The cost of the course is £35 plus VAT.

The course is run by the St Johns Ambulance.

If anyone would be interested in attending this course could you let me know. I am going to book on the course in any case. Just as I say, would prefer if it were not cancelled again
Old 25-02-06, 07:39 PM   #2
instigator

Default Re: Emergency Aid for motorcyclists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe
If anyone would be interested in attending this course could you let me know. I am going to book on the course in any case. Just as I say, would prefer if it were not cancelled again
You're quite right to your eyes there mate, thats shocking that no-one would take much of an interest in the course. I'd be down there in a flash if I didn't live in glasgow! If anyone reading this knows of said courses in scotland, please let me know.
Old 25-02-06, 07:44 PM   #3
Stig

Default Re: Emergency Aid for motorcyclists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by instigator
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe
You're quite right to your eyes there mate, thats shocking that no-one would take much of an interest in the course. I'd be down there in a flash if I didn't live in glasgow! If anyone reading this knows of said courses in scotland, please let me know.
CLICK HERE
Old 25-02-06, 08:14 PM   #4
Ed

Bristol, Sedbergh, Whitehaven, Kendal and Reading are none of them exactly convenient. Shame
Old 25-02-06, 09:03 PM   #5
tricky

I'm tempted, but its bit of a trek (plus 9:00am start)

I'll think about it.
Old 25-02-06, 10:21 PM   #6
Jelster

Yes mate, very....

Old 26-02-06, 09:57 AM   #7
chazzyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythree
Bristol, Sedbergh, Whitehaven, Kendal and Reading are none of them exactly convenient. Shame
It's a nice ride to Bristol from Shrewsbury. I did it, albeit in car, in the other direction one day when I had time. Left a customer in Bristol around lunch time. Had a late lunch in a cafe at Tintern by the Wye, then up to Shrewsbury and on to Deeside where I had an appointment the next morning.
Old 26-02-06, 11:30 AM   #8
jonboy

Yes I'm interested too.

Old 26-02-06, 11:45 AM   #9
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy
Yes I'm interested too.

Greg, you could always stay at mine on the Sat night to make it easier for yourself, should you wish to attend this one
Old 26-02-06, 11:50 AM   #10
Jelster

Si,

Let me know if you need to pay up front and I'll get you the dosh