SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-05-06, 05:35 PM   #1
bobit69

Default Speed Gun... Got me!

Right there I was on my way to hastings for the may day run... Plodding along about 50pm (granted in a 30mph zone but was very early morning so nothing was about!) out the corner of my eye I spot a couple of the boys in blue pointing a speed gun at me.

Well just got the letter through today....

I remember there was an article in the MCN about the failure of accuracy of speed guns.

Anybody remember this article in a little more detail?

I have been on the MCN site but it looks as if the article has been archived!

Any help appreciated!
Old 12-05-06, 05:45 PM   #2
kwak zzr

it was a reply letter was'nt it? to get you off, i'll see if ive still got it.
Old 12-05-06, 05:49 PM   #3
bobit69

thats the one.....

Is this it?

insert their reference number here]

[insert your registration number here]

Dear Chief Constable,

Further to the above Notice of Intended Prosecution, I confirm that the following individual was driving the above vehicle at the time of the alleged motoring offence:

[insert all of the details asked for on the NIP here, including name, address, date of birth and driver number]

As this statement is provided under threat of criminal penalty (Funke v France) and as I have not received the caution required by paragraph 10.1 of PACE Code C (Mawdesley v the Chief Constable of Cheshire (2004) 1 All E.R. 58 ), I make this statement on the express understanding that it shall not be used or disclosed in any proceedings of whatever nature against myself.

Yours sincerely,

[insert your signature here]
[insert your name here]
Old 12-05-06, 07:24 PM   #4
kwak zzr

from memory i do belive it is. good luck.
Old 12-05-06, 07:39 PM   #5
Patch

I hope that you have the stomache for a fight if you are going to try the PACE argument. This is not all that it was portrayed by MCN, it has yet to be tested in High Court and there is no guarentee of success.

The PACE argument was developed by a few clever lawyers to test conflicting legal rulings. When first used, it confused the Scameras and they dropped quite a few cases. Then it started getting used more and more; the scamerati then realised they had to do something and they got very heavy, threatening court actiona and summonsing many who tried to use it, most people capitulate and take the punishment before it gets in front of the beak. The scamerati dropped most of those where people held out for their day in court

Of course this was all before MCN published the story. How do you think the authorities will react now?

So you really need to be prepared to stick it out until the night before your scheduled court appearence.
Old 13-05-06, 06:23 AM   #6
TC3

Default Re: Speed Gun... Got me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobit69
Right there I was on my way to hastings for the may day run... Plodding along about 50pm (granted in a 30mph zone but was very early morning so nothing was about!)
Well the cops were about
Old 13-05-06, 10:24 AM   #7
DanAbnormal

Personally I wouldn't think of fighting this if you already know you were speeding. I mean 50 in a 30 is a little daft even early doors. I would take it on the chin and be a little more careful next time. I very rarely speed through 30 and 40 zones as that's where the coppers will usually nab you. I have been saved points many times by sticking to the lower limits. If you do choose to fight best of luck to you, you might get lucky. Not having a pop, just my opinion.

Dan