SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 09-10-12, 06:17 PM   #11
missyburd

Default Re: North North West Guildford Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
Well I got the impression you didn't give a monkey's so I haven't bothered! There's quite a lot of effort involved in star jumping. Jumping for one. Really there needs to be more hype surrounding it. Something along the lines of "OH IF YOU STAR JUMP IT WILL MAKE MY DAY!!"
Pah, you don't get praise til you make the effort lad, my compliments are not so easily won as that! Just cos I forgot to reply to your message you tart

You pwomised #sniff# #skulkysulk#
Old 09-10-12, 06:20 PM   #12
DJ123
Mega Poster

[QUOTE=

Though rest assured, a thunderace on those roads would've been like riding a cruise missile through a maze. [/QUOTE]

Bodmin that was a maze of B roads and the old man and girl did well

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-12, 06:29 PM   #13
Mark_h
Mega Poster

NW Guildford is in a whole other league of nadgeryness than SW Guildford! Very few instances of streams crossing roads with rock on one side and sheer drop on other with random sheep in SWG. SWG has stone walls and caravans but relatively tame. Luckily NWG typically print ARAF in big letters just before the tricky stuff to remind you to go "Ah Righthander.... Ahhhhh Feck!!!" at appropriate points.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-12, 06:56 PM   #14
Fallout
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
NW Guildford is in a whole other league of nadgeryness than SW Guildford! Very few instances of streams crossing roads with rock on one side and sheer drop on other with random sheep in SWG. SWG has stone walls and caravans but relatively tame. Luckily NWG typically print ARAF in big letters just before the tricky stuff to remind you to go "Ah Righthander.... Ahhhhh Feck!!!" at appropriate points.
This! I thought the twisty dales of Yorkshire were epic until I went to NNW Guildford. The SV is in it's element there. Tippable bikes all the way. SV boys would love it. There are plenty of roads the ThunderAce would chew up but when you climb into the mountains on single track roads made entirely of 90 hair pins its pant filling and the lighter bikes are king.

I'm thinking about doing a cropped version of the vid to give the full effect. The 170 degree view doesn't do the corners justice.
Fallout Breakbeat (My Music)
Fallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-12, 06:59 PM   #15
Fallout
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyburd View Post
You pwomised #sniff# #skulkysulk#
Ok, satisfactory degree of emotional engagement attained. Consider the quest begun.
Old 09-10-12, 07:05 PM   #16
christopher

We didn't ride fast, or at least I didn't Good you enjoyed the roads though, lot's more if ever you're back up this way again!

--
Sent using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-10-12, 07:05 PM   #17
Runako

Le President was very fortunate with the weather as its difficult to plan sustainable activities with required alacrity due to the inconsistent weather at this time of year.

However, in light of recent events, the Minister for North West Guildford is minded to propose a new NWG Bill for the Cabinet to consider:

NWG Bill 2012

"If evident that an official visit or activity will sojourn into NW Guildford territory, the Minister of NW Guildford must be notified in good time. It is the responsibility of the Minister to provide helpful suggestions or propose exhilarating routes within NW Guildford, should he not be able to attend such event/activity.

The following breaches will be subject to sanctions by the Minister for Sustainability:

NWG 1 - Failure to notify the Minister for NW Guildford of said event/activity or;
NWG 2 - Failure to declare such event/activity as "non-GM related";
NWG 3 - Failure of Minister to provide useful assistance (including tips, riding route suggestions, entertainment, accommodation etc)."

Note, the above relates to "Official" activities or events in NW Guildford. However, please note NWG Rule 2.

Kind regards

Minister for NW Guildford

Last edited by Runako; 09-10-12 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-10-12, 07:14 PM   #18
Fallout
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
We didn't ride fast, or at least I didn't Good you enjoyed the roads though, lot's more if ever you're back up this way again!

--
Sent using Tapatalk 2
Yes, but you live on your bike. You were born with a motorcycle attached to the placenta. Your definition fast is the same definition laid down in the instruction book of the Millennium Falcon. When I'm chasing Hong and he is permanently at 45 degrees to the road, it's fast. Just because you have sold you soul to Satan for the ability to ride upright around hairpins at 90mph doesn't mean we can too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runako View Post
Le President was very fortunate with the weather as its difficult to plan sustainable activities with required alacrity due to the inconsistent weather at this time of year.

However, in light of recent events, the Minister for North West Guildford is minded to propose a new NWG Bill for the Cabinet to consider:

NWG Bill 2012

"If evident that an official visit or activity will sojourn into NW Guildford territory, the Minister of NW Guildford must be notified in good time. It is the responsibility of the Minister to provide helpful suggestions or propose exhilarating routes within NW Guildford, should he not be able to attend such event/activity.

The following breaches will be subject to sanctions by the Minister for Sustainability:

NWG 1 - Failure to notify the Minister for NW Guildford of said event/activity or;
NWG 2 - Failure to declare such event/activity as "non-GM related";
NWG 3 - Failure of Minister to provide useful assistance (including tips, riding route suggestions, entertainment, accommodation etc)."

Note, the above relates to "Official" activities or events in NW Guildford. However, please note NWG Rule 2.

Kind regards

Minister for NW Guildford
That's fine with me!
Old 09-10-12, 07:22 PM   #19
Thunderace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
Last time I went to NNWG I was on my old GS650 and if that old tin can can do it the Ace will be fine, hate to say it Si but it ain't what you ride...........
Old 09-10-12, 07:23 PM   #20
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
Ok, satisfactory degree of emotional engagement attained. Consider the quest begun.