SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 04-04-18, 07:35 PM   #4961
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Did I? I loose track of all the gear floating around! Just seen your pics Yoko, vintage aircraft scream out for black and white!

Last edited by Kenzie; 04-04-18 at 07:57 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-18, 07:48 PM   #4962
Kenzie

Got the job lot through today. The RC I think has a faulty meter but worse than that the lens is hazy. The Trip has sticky aperture blades so l stripped it down but the rear element is either hazy or has seperation. Oddly enough the only one I have been able to revive is the EE2. It had a constant red flag issue and the lens barrel was loose so I stripped it down and found two screws missing from the barrel mount. I found said screws stuck to the magnet in the light meter! Everything is back together and seems to be working. On a side note I got a junker Kiev 4, the shutter is borked but the RF works. On mine the shutter works but the RF doesn't. Not sure if it's a simple swap but a project for another dsy. I also got a Polaroid SX70 model 2, it needs a new skin but the previous owner says it works.

Last edited by Kenzie; 07-04-18 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-04-18, 09:03 PM   #4963
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Kiev might be a job but I think there is plenty of info out there about it and the Contax ii. Good luck with the haze, I'd go for lighter fluid and methanol, failing that it could be fungal and hopefully not etched.
I'm going to have a go at cutting down a mirror to size for the Minolta RF. A new one from nobbysparrow on ebay is about US$25 which is a bit stiff for a ten quid camera. I also still need to solve the wobbly barrel on my Olympus S, I was wondering how to get the leatherette off. It has a Copal shutter like a Canonet, and the skin goes right under the focus ring, like a wall to wall carpet, but it looks like to get the focus ring off you have to remove the mounting plate, which screws on underneath the skin. I don't know how they get it on there. I did spot a pic the other day though, a Canonet I think, where someone had peeled the skin back, not from the lens but from the sides, leaving it attached to the main shutter mounting plate. Genius! Second picture:
http://www.petervis.com/Cameras/cano...sassembly.html
I think once the plate is off I can see what's going on, I've tried everything I can without doing so.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-18, 05:46 AM   #4964
Kenzie

Well the EE2 is held on by four screws in the film chamber, once these are out you remove the whole assembly from the camera and the screws that hold the barrel on where in from the back but before that there are four under the skin. No idea if the same applies to yours. The haze is on the inside but I will have to look into how to dismantle it. To be honest I'm a little disappointed with the RC as it just feels cheap. I think I prefer my VF135!

Just checked into the Kiev:

This first: http://www3.telus.net/public/rpnchbc...20removal.html

Then this: http://www3.telus.net/public/rpnchbc...20removal.html

Hmmm, maybe not!

Last edited by Kenzie; 07-04-18 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-04-18, 04:25 PM   #4965
Kenzie

Had a play with Trip 35. The aperture was oiled up so its had a soak. The rear element was suffering from separation. I found a spare in my box. Its been cleaned up and I'm just waiting for the aperture to dry. Then its the joy of setting the focus.

Sent from my Xperia using Tapatalk
Old 07-04-18, 05:33 PM   #4966
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Kiev RF looks a right laugh. Some day I'll have to tangle with that on the Contax
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-18, 05:39 PM   #4967
Kenzie

I've torn into the one with the iffy shutter and it's not as bad as it looked. Plenty to remove but not sure if I want to pull the other one apart. Basically it's a shutter swap not an rf swap. Can you see the silver plate above the aperture of the Trip? The EE2 has the same meter cover and somehow two screws got in there.

Last edited by Kenzie; 07-04-18 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-04-18, 07:42 PM   #4968
yokohama

Rather you than me with all those.
Was the RC a dud?
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-18, 07:47 PM   #4969
Kenzie

Kind of. The shutter works but the meter is iffy and the lens is hazy. I'll have to look into stripping the RC down. Not sure if I should put some graphite lubrication on the aperture blades of the Trip. I'll get it back together and run a film through, then maybe I'll reskin it or move it on. Oh, and the Trip has a small dent in the filter ring. Oddly enough the EE2 was the easiest to fix.

Last edited by Kenzie; 07-04-18 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-04-18, 08:01 PM   #4970
yokohama

Plenty of info on the RC floating around. This is a help with the metering system. http://fukucame.fan.coocan.jp/tips/35rc_t.htm
Good that you've fixed up 2 of them and if you sell the trip on, it will make it all worthwhile.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote