SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2009 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2009 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 20-05-09, 10:14 AM   #91
plowsie

Default Re: AR Marking Discussion

I will offer my services to mark the finish line with a banner wearing a fairy's outfit

I think the way AR07 was done was fine. Though never designated, was more the drop off system, I actually enjoyed marking on the Peaks Rideout, holding up the traffic letting everybody pull out, posing for some and Saluting LyleJ

I have utmost respect that do get designated as a marker as they are willing to help and keep others safe.
Old 22-05-09, 07:43 AM   #92
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
I will offer my services to mark the finish line with a banner wearing a fairy's outfit
I'll hold you to that on the day

just remember that Bear will be bike-mounted....you wont be able to outrun him!
Old 26-05-09, 12:18 AM   #93
monkey

I think the marking system worked well last year but here's a suggestion;

Obviously heavily dependant on the number of junctions requiring marking in between scheduled stops could we not have a marker for each one? We could do a poll and if there are enough willing markers they would all start up front, mark their junction as indicated by the leader and then hang back WITHOUT any pressure or requirement to pass 50 or 60 or so bikes? This would eliminate anyone feeling as though they were buzzed by a marker, take out a lot of needless overtakes and also include people wanting to make a contribution to the ride without relying on experience, skill or speed.

I have no idea how many towns and junctions there are on the route or how many bikes or contibutors etc we have so this may seem completely moronic, for which I apologise.
Old 26-05-09, 12:22 PM   #94
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by teriyakimonkey View Post
I have no idea how many towns and junctions there are on the route or how many bikes or contibutors etc we have so this may seem completely moronic, for which I apologise.
Its a fairly simple and sensible proposition TM. As you say it is however entirely dependant on the number of juctions that need marking and if there will be enough bikes on the day or not.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-09, 12:33 PM   #95
monkey

If there are too many points to mark we could still use some people to mark once and then hang back or ride how they normally would have.
Old 26-05-09, 12:39 PM   #96
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

The only obstacle i see in having lots of people who will mark and lots who wont is the possibility of one junction not getting marked as its not clear who will stop and who wont. Does that make sense?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 26-05-09, 12:42 PM   #97
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
The only obstacle i see in having lots of people who will mark and lots who wont is the possibility of one junction not getting marked as its not clear who will stop and who wont. Does that make sense?
Drop off system, rider behind leader MUST stop.
Old 26-05-09, 12:46 PM   #98
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Yeh but then we assume that everyone behind the leader WANTS to be a marker, not everone who attends the AR does.
Old 26-05-09, 12:53 PM   #99
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Yeh but then we assume that everyone behind the leader WANTS to be a marker, not everone who attends the AR does.
Oops I thought TYM meant that there would be dedicated marker group and they would mark. My bad, think I misread.
Old 26-05-09, 01:40 PM   #100
hovis

im still undicided of wether to come

if i was wanted/needed as a marker that would probably perswade me to come