SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 06-06-08, 09:00 PM   #1
kat_s1

Exclamation lost property

lets say if someone was stupid to mis lay their purse, n the only place they used it in last 24hrs was a petrol station... wot r the chances that i'll ever get it back, its not at coll, the car or at home n thats the only i used it... normally i wudnt bother as the cards i can cancel but its got pictures of my m8s n my driving lisence in it as well ...

im hoping i can find the receipt as it was in the middle of nowhere..
Old 06-06-08, 09:12 PM   #2
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Re: lost property

Have you called the local police station? I lost my house/car keys last week and they was at my local nick !

There are some honest folk out there.
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 09:20 PM   #3
kat_s1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
Have you called the local police station? I lost my house/car keys last week and they was at my local nick !

There are some honest folk out there.

i found the reciept but the petrol station r not answering..

thanks 4 the advie bout the police staion but the local police station where i lost it isnt open so i just got transferred to another n then got 2 call a different 1.... my mate said the maybe if they r nice enough then they'l use my address n post it bak.

guess i'l have 2 wait till 2moro morn n hope for the best.
Old 06-06-08, 09:22 PM   #4
anna
Mega Poster

as shelly said there are some honest people out there you never know hun.. are you sure that is where you have lost it and it isnt in the car somewhere or pocket etc?
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-08, 09:31 PM   #5
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Did you explain to the police station it was about lost property. If you rang the police station in the area you lost it they should be able to look on the lost property system, it will be the same across the area, so any station in the area should be able to look and log on to see if a new entry has been put on.

Hope you get it back hun xx
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

Old 06-06-08, 09:36 PM   #6
kat_s1

Quote:
Did you explain to the police station it was about lost property. If you rang the police station in the area you lost it they should be able to look on the lost property system, it will be the same across the area, so any station in the area should be able to look and log on to see if a new entry has been put on.

Hope you get it back hun xx

The main worry is that my address is on my licence, the only reason I carry the blooming thing is that coppers stop me for driving ‘suspiciously’…yeh right!
Old 06-06-08, 09:38 PM   #7
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat_s1 View Post
The main worry is that my address is on my licence, the only reason I carry the blooming thing is that coppers stop me for driving ‘suspiciously’…yeh right!
How can you drive suspiciously? Where they pretend coppers LOL

Have you reported your licence lost to the rozzers?

Old 06-06-08, 09:56 PM   #8
kat_s1

Quote:
How can you drive suspiciously? Where they pretend coppers LOL

Have you reported your licence lost to the rozzers?
i dunno how i drive suspiciously they were real coppers, they do the blues n twos, plus i get them to show me their badge b4 the roll down the windows... i expect it coz i get nervous wen someones watching me constanly wen im driving. coz i drive so much better wen my dads not in the car then wen im wiv my mates or by myself... its weird tho it usually the same coppers who stop me. its not like im speeding, in my car its pretty difficult to do anyway.

the cop on the fone told me call their local in the morn wen they can check the database, if i have time i might pop round 2 the petrol station with my student pass n credit card, or sumink with my name n pic on it...
Old 06-06-08, 10:03 PM   #9
kat_s1

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna View Post
as shelly said there are some honest people out there you never know hun.. are you sure that is where you have lost it and it isnt in the car somewhere or pocket etc?

deffo checked the car, twice over at coll, checked my room a dozen times wen i got bak from coll... i remember using it to fill up. n then last night i was looking for it, checked my room. assumed (hoped) it were in the car. n at coll had a proper good look round but nothing.

that was the only place i took it outta my bag.
Old 07-06-08, 09:49 AM   #10
kat_s1

the local police station r closed so i called the next one n no one picked up... the petrol station finally answered n said no one picked it up...

quiet frankly im pretty p#ssed off as i need the lisence for my theory which is booked next week n i doubt il get a replacement b4 then.