SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 31-03-10, 08:21 AM   #1
Owenski

Default My property, on my property!

Some people seem to come on here and rant about the most irrelevent things an it serves as some kind of therapy so todays my turn. Its nothing "major" but its enough to make you growl and mumble under your breath and kick random ground dewlling objects as you curse at no one in perticular.

Arrived home last night and as I rode round the side of the house I noticed the curvy's old horn lying in the middle of the path, very odd a light weight but metal object wouldnt just move its self. So a look round and I see that the old golf clubs I had piled up ready to be de-headed and used as marker posts for the new fence posts were now missing. Along with the gazebo poles which were also been stored for the same purpose. Ba5tard5! I realise at this point that those pikey metal theifing fecks have been round. Not terrible as essentially the items which were missing seemed to be what I'd consider scrap anyway. Until I go to put the fence pannel back in place (Im currently usign as a gate to keep the dog in the back garden when she's let out to do her business on an evening). Holding the fence panel in place I use my sledge hammer to prevent the pannel falling over. Gutted! I realise they've lifted that too, and the lump hammer which was on the floor.
At this point I take a harder look around, to see they've had away with most the garden tools old and some quite new inc the snow shovel
and the worst part in moving the garden tools they've got a glimpse of my spare wheels inc the tyres which were on them. Thats around the time I swore an started kicking things along the floor whilst further mumbling to myself.

FECKING THEIFING SCUM, Im out at work and while Im there Im meant to accept that these dirty low lives can just drive round and rummage around my property for anything they feel is worth some weight in metal. Properly makes me sick, an really makes me want to get even but I've no idea where to start.

Lots of love, matt FUUUUMMMMIIIINNNNGG in Leeds. x x x
Old 31-03-10, 08:25 AM   #2
ArtyLady

Default Re: My property, on my property!

Call the police and report it! I'd be fuming too!!
Old 31-03-10, 08:31 AM   #3
hindle8907
Mega Poster

Pikey Scum.

Need their hands removing.

its not nice, this world is a sad place these days .... at least there was no damage ?
any nothing of major value, it doesn't make it right but ....
When you have brand new motorcycle go missing and have to pay a short fall of £1400 . that's when instead of kicking random objects you pick them up and throw them ... lol
2010-Now -- 00 SV650s & 00 SV650n & GSXR 600 K2
hindle8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-10, 08:32 AM   #4
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Some people can be really pooh, sorry to hear that Matt.

I second Arty Lady, phone the rozzas and get it reported. The crims were not to know that the golf clubs are effectively scrap, but they are still yours, so try and get the scumbags nicked, before they come back and take your bike.

Did your neighbours see anything? Unlikely, but you never know.

Good luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-10, 08:32 AM   #5
Triv650

Very little can be done in a case like this, which is a shame. Unless of course anyone has CCTV in the area. If so, ask them if you can have a look at the vid. But yes, report it to the police, there may be a chance, you never know. I can only see more of this type of crime going on with resources and all.
Old 31-03-10, 08:41 AM   #6
metalangel

They love doing that sort of stuff, the pikey scumbags. On the railways they delight in stealing cables and selling it for scrap. Of course, no cables = no signals/points heaters/track circuits = no trains.

So perhaps it will brighten your day when I tell you about the one particular pikey near Wolverhampton who wanted to steal some signalling cable. Opens the troughing lids, pulls the cable out, and hacks into it with his axe.

ZZZZZZAP!
Old 31-03-10, 09:02 AM   #7
timwilky
Mega Poster

We had shut down some of our redundant factory capacity, the buildings were empty of equipment, but the 33KV feed to the substations were still live. and we had the copper thieves having a whale of a time as they cut through the buzzbars etc.

Then the see the nice big thick cables and attack it with their stihl saw. That is when everything tripped. The works electrical engineers had to find what had caused massive electrical failure as we still operated a switch gear test facility and it would have been embarrassing if it was that that had wiped out the area . Soon found out why, looked for a body and couldn't find one. a few days latter on turns up in the Irwell.

It used to be nice. you would read the labels on the transformers in the substations. Metropolitan Vickers, Trafford Park. and know, we manufactured them on site and simply pulled them out of the factory and installed them on our own site as it developed and required additional capacity.

As for them raiding the railways. My linesman mate has no issue with them pulling stuff out. As it guarantees him work. But when he has pulled out line and intend to recover its scrap value (Thier contracts now have a scrap recovery cost in them) to find the pikeys have then nicked it they get annoyed.
Old 31-03-10, 09:03 AM   #8
Owenski

In a way metal it does when moralaty out weighs intelegence it nice to see a dumb scum feck get fried whilst displaying a lack of regard for other people or property. But even then its not all rosey, cos some really unlucky person has to clean up the char-grilled mess he's left behind.

I've spoke to a few naighbours, one of which told 2 (and I quote) "tower block built looking scroats" to get off the street some time last week. He got their reg number which when I spoke to an officer friend and he said its not worth the hassle of reporting it in, if the police do approach the van owner (assuiming its reg'd the right owner) all they need do is deny it was them and the police are back to square one. The metal will have been weighed in by now as they usually do it same day to aviod been caught red handed once mr working joe returns home and reports his iron gates missing. No good them been sat in the back of a van somewhere when once their weighed in its job done, the guilty party can hold his hands up and say "wasnt me guv'ner".
Basically it seems its one of those 5hit realitys where the criminal knows the system actually protects them from getting caught.
Old 31-03-10, 09:03 AM   #9
PsychoCannon

Heh yeah I heard similar storied about retards stealing cable and axing the wrong ones, makes you feel a bit better.
report it, likely the cops already know the likely group/individuals who did it, and that they can't do feck all about it, but you never know!
Oh and as for CCTV it's inadmissable as evidence unless you have large clearly visable signs up telling people there is CCTV so all you'll get is video of someone with a hoodie up keeping their head down or a mask on *sigh*.

*edit - just read your reply, yeah sounds par for the course, and wouldn't be supprised they tell you not to bother reporting it, that's an unsolved crime that looks bad on their books, guv'mint statistics and all that.

Last edited by PsychoCannon; 31-03-10 at 09:05 AM.
Old 31-03-10, 09:09 AM   #10
ArtyLady

I know it seems pointless but I wouls report it anyway - if everybody did wouldn't it help to show what the true crime figures really are? - just my thoughts.