SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 17-02-08, 11:04 AM   #41
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Default Re: New and Returning riders rideout meet up/general chit-chat

looks like no one !!

i texted mike to say I may caTCH UP AT LADY BOWER- i JUST DONT FANCY THE ICE HERE THIS MORNING

and I live right near knutsford/Macc.. Mike wudd a been up well early her 90 mins away from the start.

if I go I will take me camera. !
Old 17-02-08, 11:10 AM   #42
Durbs

Pretty miffed, battery stil toast, Optimate just aint the tool for a quick fix. Used the bike on Thurs to get to work and was fine. Was looking forward to that too, never done a rideout before and the weather out there is beautifully clear. P1ssed off!!!
Old 17-02-08, 11:20 AM   #43
stewie

Me too, took the bike out yesterday, filled her up, packed a rucksack and woke up at 05.30 am with yet another skull splitting headache, totally fed up sat at home now
Old 17-02-08, 11:25 AM   #44
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

me just got my gear on..

but sometimes you need to be "in the mood" .. you know?.. to ride the bike and I not sure my head is on it today .

may pop over and take some pics.. think I left it too late even with the riding god that I am I wouldnt catch them up.

probably just mike and claire at moment .. that many have dropped out
Old 17-02-08, 05:52 PM   #45
5hort5

We'll it was a lovely day once the sun got up and a great ride, you were all missed. Some pics and notes to follow - like how good the burger was! mmmmmmm cheese burger!
5hort5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-08, 06:24 PM   #46
glsuk1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5hort5 View Post
We'll it was a lovely day once the sun got up and a great ride, you were all missed. Some pics and notes to follow - like how good the burger was! mmmmmmm cheese burger!
Not to mention the pie, peas and gravy Mmmmmmmmmmm

Glad you got home safely, 5hort5. It was certainly a bit chilly first thing (-2, I think Luckypants said) but I'm pretty certain it got 2 maybe even 3 degrees above freezing by lunchtime! Warm, it wasn't. Still had a good ride out though.

A big thanks to Luckypants for leading the way safely, hopefully see you all again soon!
Old 17-02-08, 06:37 PM   #47
5hort5

Here's some pics from the day:

The start of the day at knutsford services and mike trying to suck it in

Pedro fixing his gear leave after it nearly feel off. Mike had the tools for the job though.

At ladybower having a spot of lunch

Speedy (Slow to dodge the picture) Claire trying to hide from the camera

That's better now hiding

Great day and it was great to meet you all. I learned some good stuff about peoples riding styles as well! The burger was excellent and the only scary point was the ice sheet going into ladybower, me not like lol. Look forward to doing this again but maybe not on the coldest day of the year please lol

ps - Claire is now going to kill me for posting those pics if I ever go to a ride out again lol - soz xx

Last edited by 5hort5; 18-02-08 at 12:53 AM.
Old 17-02-08, 06:51 PM   #48
5hort5

Smile Re: New and Returning riders rideout meet up/general chit-chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsuk1970 View Post
Glad you got home safely, 5hort5. It was certainly a bit chilly first thing (-2, I think Luckypants said) but I'm pretty certain it got 2 maybe even 3 degrees above freezing by lunchtime! Warm, it wasn't. Still had a good ride out though.

A big thanks to Luckypants for leading the way safely, hopefully see you all again soon!
Deffo thanks to Luckypants for sorting this out and likewise gald you're back safely. Soz I peeled off at the M6 with steve but my toes had lost the will to live and started to fall off lol. Now having a beer and dreaming of next time. Great job at the back btw, putting up with my slow speed and all, thanks for that. Towns and traffic is fine but and open road with corners, well that's new to me
Old 17-02-08, 07:17 PM   #49
Speedy Claire

I swear i`ve just wee`d icicles!!!!

Was so cold this morning my lock was frozen!!!! had Pedro en route and Mike on phone and between us all it was soon sorted. Despite the cold it was a fantastic day, once we stopped you soon warmed up. Was great to get out and meet everyone i hadn`t so far met and say hi to those i already knew. Thanks everyone for a really great day and i`ll get my revenge for the bad pics... just wait!!!!!!
Old 17-02-08, 07:21 PM   #50
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsuk1970 View Post
Not to mention the pie, peas and gravy Mmmmmmmmmmm

Glad you got home safely, 5hort5. It was certainly a bit chilly first thing (-2, I think Luckypants said)
Back home about an hour ago, dogs walked and about to cook dinner.

-2?????!!!! It was -7 in places on my ride over!! Having a temp. gauge on the bike is not good for morale!

Glad folks enjoyed the ride, never mind all the 'sorry for being slow / tired / cold / scared' stuff, you came out on a group ride and enjoyed yourselves - that is what counts. All rode round safely, sensibly and happily, so it's all good.

Will post some photos of the most excellent sunset seen on my way home, if they come out.

BTW Good pics 5hort5
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote