SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 21-07-06, 03:52 PM   #11
auldyin

what about the esso/shell garage above the bridge and oh i am not very good hope this doesnt waste it for you both?
Old 21-07-06, 04:03 PM   #12
Kilted Ginger

Magic, looking forward to it, How's about we meet at the Mcdonalds / garage on the edinburgh side of the bridge at 6:00 for a 6:15 start, never been across the bridge on my bike. You've both got my mobile so any probs let me know, I'll be leaving here about 5:20. See u soon
Old 21-07-06, 04:07 PM   #13
gavhogg

Esso/Shell garage (the one beside MacDonalds) at bridge is fine with me, I'll see you there at 6pm.

Don't worry about being slow, its not a race.

I'm not the quickest myself.

CYA SOOOON
Old 21-07-06, 08:57 PM   #14
auldyin

thanks to gavhog and kilted ginger for a good night chip shop yummy and yes she wants a take away dont know if i can manage it well thanks again away for a cold beer and food c u soon hopfully for another ride take care
Old 21-07-06, 09:34 PM   #15
Kilted Ginger

, good run, great weather, easy pace, good company, crispy chips. Cheers lads, sorry for the wee wrong turn but it worked out no too bad.
Old 21-07-06, 10:25 PM   #16
gavhogg

Thanks guys thoroughly enjoyed the run tonight, been a while since I've been out on the bike with other riders, and it makes all the difference. Not quite the route we intended, granted but a good run anyway. Didn't enjoy the near miss with the Mercedes (f**ken A**hole ) That could've been three newbies wiped out in a one Thankfully that wasn't the case.

For newbies, I thought you both rode rather well

Good to see you again Auldyin, and the bikes lookin great too

Can't wait for the next run.
Old 21-07-06, 11:03 PM   #17
Quedos

Sorry I missed it. hospital duties called I'm afraid and I'm not sure I'll be out much for the rest of the season
Old 22-07-06, 10:59 AM   #18
colinbal4

What happened with the Merc?
Old 22-07-06, 11:39 AM   #19
Kilted Ginger

we were going west along the knockhill road just before it dips down into the nice right hander that crosses the wee burn. Gav was 1st me 2nd auldyin 3rd, this "gentleman" came up round the corner in an old white merc straddling the white lines saw Gav, paniced and tried to whip back onto his own side and the back end started sliding out. more through luck than skill or judgement it gripped and straightened up or it could have been real messy. About 500 yards later there was a not sure if it was following or chasing as the blues and twos were not on but we all gesticulated to him to get a move on.
Not really a brown trouser moment as there was nothing any of us could have done to avoid it as we were tight left preparing for the right turn.
Old 22-07-06, 05:17 PM   #20
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikstu
Let us know what they are like seeing as its only Axl from the original line up.
And Izzy Stradlin... Which considering only 3 of the original lineup made it out of '85, is not bad going And Dizzy Reid's now been in the band for longer than Slash was (Robin Finck's been guitarist for 9 years, on and off, as well)

It was very good. No Buckethead, so no nunchacka solos. Started ridiculously late for no reason and didn't end till 12.30, and far too many gaps and solos, but still good. They were better at Leeds.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote