SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 26-03-07, 05:14 PM   #41
Jdubya

Default Re: Photos from Bemsee at Brands

Thanks...
Old 26-03-07, 05:29 PM   #42
Flamin_Squirrel

Nice pics

(That looks like a 999, not a 1098 to me)
Old 26-03-07, 05:35 PM   #43
Jdubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel View Post

(That looks like a 999, not a 1098 to me)
Think you may be right...I just copied the details from the programme for the day.
Old 26-03-07, 06:34 PM   #44
thedonal

Bluddy 'ell- thems some fine pictures there!
Old 26-03-07, 06:44 PM   #45
weazelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya View Post
Emma Franklin of RIDE magazine fame on a TZR 250...

bless 'er. it was her who interviewed tricky & me at mallory last october, when we got our pictures in RiDE. she wrote her day up in the jan issue & was doing 1:17's in the novice group on a gsr600. she's got more guts than me to go racing!!
Old 26-03-07, 07:17 PM   #46
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by weazelz View Post
bless 'er. it was her who interviewed tricky & me at mallory last october, when we got our pictures in RiDE. she wrote her day up in the jan issue & was doing 1:17's in the novice group on a gsr600. she's got more guts than me to go racing!!
1:17 ... I take it we are NOT talking at Brands Indy?!?!
Old 26-03-07, 07:24 PM   #47
John 675

Exclamation Re: Photos from Bemsee at Brands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya View Post
Thats correct...it was right at the end of my focal length as well...so its a tad soft. The lens is a Tamron 70-300mm zoom...not bad little lens. I'm looking at investing in some nicer glass a bit later in the year when I can afford it
I knew it was something like that, 250th of a second is too slow though to be honest, on stationary objects that is the boarder line of a hand held sharp picture and a hand held blurred picture, anything over that ( say 500th of a second ) will be a sharp image, now with motorbike photgraphy you absolutly need a wide F rating on your lens so you can still get desired results, but as you so rightly said you cant always afford one, i got a credit agreemant on mine, when i was @ donnington for the GP 06 i was stuck using my sigma 70 300 lens but the stuff i got was good enough to sell to the magazines so. . .

But . . .

Saying that you are using a Digi SLR that A, is ten million pixels B, top end shoots @ 4000th of a second,
so what i advise to get the most from this ace camera you own is to not zoom so far, shoot in RAW and crop in to the bikes if you want to get some ace results with the gear you have, DO NOT go full bore with the shutter speed though, because you will get stationary bikes with the wheels not moving i recommend if you can to try shooting @ 800th - 1000th of a second, and keep those wheels moving, also you will need a polarizer filter to remove glare, it will drop your shutter speed a tiny bit but will give you a better image, if you can afford one get a single focal lenght lens, sigma do a 300mm which is ace and it is a constant F2. im not trying to teach but this will help to get the results that sell, hope it helps, i'll post some of my work when i get home
Old 26-03-07, 08:22 PM   #48
gettin2dizzy

i'm using the same camera and thinking of getting a new lens. Is that sigma a fixed 300mm?! an f stop of 2 would be ace, it seems the f1.8 lenses aren't too expensive, drop to 1.4 and its murder!
Old 26-03-07, 08:28 PM   #49
weazelz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
1:17 ... I take it we are NOT talking at Brands Indy?!?!
no, at err, mallory. it's a bit longer - altho not much. iirc I was doing 1:08ish & tricky was doing 1:21ish. minitwin pace - with the gerrards chicane added - is ~1:02. that's what I meant about her having guts .. the guts to go out racing knowing that you're going to get lapped on about your third lap
Old 26-03-07, 08:38 PM   #50
John 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
i'm using the same camera and thinking of getting a new lens. Is that sigma a fixed 300mm?! an f stop of 2 would be ace, it seems the f1.8 lenses aren't too expensive, drop to 1.4 and its murder!
Yeah fixed focal, with F2 your getting much sharper images and higher shutter speeds, it gathers more light in the lens so the image develops quicker, you pay for what you get, now for a ride home woo hoo!!! makes my day