SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-02-07, 09:30 AM   #1
Brando

Default All Booked Up

I think I joined the forum in 2003 or 4 and have since then debated and further re-debated doing my test and getting a bike. Well.... on Wed I booked the lot.

Theory on the 7th, CBT on the 17th, Test on the 27th (Lucky 7s I hope!).

Any tips for Theory, CBT and Test gladly received (I will be using the forum search for each but still)
Old 23-02-07, 09:32 AM   #2
Swiss

Default Re: All Booked Up

Yep, relax and enjoy it.
Old 23-02-07, 09:41 AM   #3
Carsick

Theory - get the proper bit of practice software and a book. The hazard perception bit is easy but it's good to have practice for exactly the kind of clicking they want.

CBT - relax and enjoy it.

DAS - relax and enjoy and grin insanely when you realise just how much better the big bikes are.
Old 23-02-07, 09:43 AM   #4
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando View Post
I think I joined the forum in 2003 or 4 and have since then debated and further re-debated doing my test and getting a bike. Well.... on Wed I booked the lot.

Theory on the 7th, CBT on the 17th, Test on the 27th (Lucky 7s I hope!).

Any tips for Theory, CBT and Test gladly received (I will be using the forum search for each but still)
well done & good luck

you cant realy do much wrong on the CBT jusy listen & do as your told, relax, & you will pass

ps.....you joined in march 2004
Old 23-02-07, 09:50 AM   #5
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

For the main test...

If in a 30 DO 30

If in a 40 DO 40 etc ,No ****ing about at 25/35 if its clear

Nipping up to these speeds fairly decently as well ,will show the Ex-cop/bm beardy weirdy/pan freak that you are fairly confident, which goes a long way to giving him an overall positive opinion of your riding.

Good luck fella!

Last edited by STRAMASHER; 23-02-07 at 09:53 AM. Reason: fggtzz
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-07, 10:00 AM   #6
Mogs

I wish you luck with it. Do your homework for the theory. When you ride try not to fear the machine, fear shows itself as tension in your arms and back, this is transmitted through the machine making it feel less stable, which in turn causes fear, viscious circle. This is what others mean by relax, body not brain.
Old 23-02-07, 10:01 AM   #7
Ed

Listen to your instructor and do what s/he says, they have years of experience and know what they're doing. Remember that they teach you to pass the test, not necessarily how to ride.
Old 23-02-07, 11:53 AM   #8
Law

Good luck, keep us updated.

Advice: erm, remember to cancel indicators and move your head not your eyes when making mirror checks so the examiner knows you're making them.
Old 23-02-07, 12:35 PM   #9
Ceri JC

Ride conservatively. If there is any doubt in your mind re: pulling out at a junction/overtaking on a dual carriageway, don't do it. Not doing it a couple of times when you should have will get you a minor for being "over cautious" and you'd have to consistantly miss opportunities to fail for that alone. Doing it once when you shouldn't will get you a fail.
Old 23-02-07, 12:48 PM   #10
Tim in Belgium

I'd agree with trying out the hazard perception bit before going in, I managed to fail first time as I had no real idea what I was meant to be doing.

First and only exam I've ever failed in my life, made me feel stoopid.

The rest went fine in the end.

Make sure you have a good time with doing it and listen to the instructor, he'll probably knowe the foibles of your specific test centre and instructors.

Hope all goes well,

Tim