SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 08-02-11, 02:18 PM   #1
Jimmy2Feet

Default What have i just signed up for!!! (Bournemouth 7's)

some time ago (after a few drinks!) i seemed to have signed up to play in the Bournemouth 7's festival. and i had completly forgotten about it! until a gental reminder today!!!

For those that dont know, it is one of the largest rugby 7's festivals in the world (i think)

and also for those that dont know, 7's is Rugby union, played on a full size pitch.....but only 7 a side!! so much much harder work!!!

Now i have never played 7's, been to many a tournemount to watch, but never actually played, and has been about 4 maybe 5 years since playing rugby at all!

And i have 3 months till the first warm up game, 4 months till the festival!!! i think i had better start getting out of an evening and go for some runs!!! i dont think i am even close to being fit enough!

Really looking forward to it tho!!!

but the point of the post, is anyone else playing, or go to bournemouth 7's?
Old 08-02-11, 02:36 PM   #2
Owenski

Default Re: What have i just signed up for!!! (Bournemouth 7's)

cross trainer + incriment training is your friend if trying to get fit quick.
Teaches the body to recover faster - bloody hard though.

Good luck
Old 08-02-11, 02:39 PM   #3
Jimmy2Feet

very true! lucky for me, my fitness levels are not all that bad, i play basket bakk once a week, and surf quite a lot, but it is not up to scratch for a 3 day tournemount!!!!
Old 08-02-11, 02:39 PM   #4
Rai86

no i but i might come and watch
Old 08-02-11, 02:40 PM   #5
Jimmy2Feet

you should, its a great weekend what ever

http://www.bournemouthsevens.com/

The vid about last year shows it off in full glory, and tickets are cheap as chips for what it is!

- They even have netball for the girls! -
Old 08-02-11, 02:42 PM   #6
Owenski

I thought basket ball required you to be super fit anyway so you cant be too out of shape plus the surfing... you never see a fat surfer! In which case you'll be fine lad stop worrying.
Old 08-02-11, 02:47 PM   #7
Jimmy2Feet

you right to play basket ball you do need to be super fit!! this is why it is only a few mates that get together and do it for fun!!! if we were to play a game against another team, we would be trampled!!!

plus its the getting hit hard in tackles i am a little worries about as well! need to bulk up a little as well if i can!
Old 08-02-11, 03:02 PM   #8
blue curvy jester

in the words of Nelson muntz HA-HA

Used to play now too old and fat
Old 08-02-11, 04:14 PM   #9
davepreston

when you here names like Ralulu , Avutu or Keynyan fake a sprained ankle
then sit on the side watching 6 huge fijians and 1 wippet size fijian smash your mates all over the pitch

then just tend to there various wounds and phone loved ones of theirs explaining there is a good chance they will pull out of the coma (hope even fake hope is a wonderful thing)
Old 08-02-11, 07:47 PM   #10
Bri w

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepreston View Post
when you here names like Ralulu , Avutu or Keynyan fake a sprained ankle
then sit on the side watching 6 huge fijians and 1 wippet size fijian smash your mates all over the pitch

then just tend to there various wounds and phone loved ones of theirs explaining there is a good chance they will pull out of the coma (hope even fake hope is a wonderful thing)

Played against Fiji, full 15-a-side, when they were touring in the mid 70's... fookin 'ell they were big and fast. The standoff ran at me and I thought, yeh he'll do the side step thing. No! he just ran thro' me. My right shoulder ended up near my hip. And you needed 10ft long arms to reach around their legs.

7's is easy ya big tart. Just trot around playing short passes till there's a gap. And remember, just keep passing to the fit lads.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote