SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 31-05-13, 01:14 PM   #1
mase_tw

Default Brands Hatch GP 24th June

Hi,

Doing this as my first trackday and was wondering who else fancies it on the forums?

http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/ind...ne-2013-detail

Be nice to see a few SV's there
Old 10-06-13, 09:15 AM   #2
mase_tw

Default Re: Brands Hatch GP 24th June

Well theres 5 of us booked this now be nice to see a few more faces down there!
Old 11-06-13, 08:16 AM   #3
Balky001
Mega Poster

BH GP for £169, that's a good price. It's a great track, you'll love it
Old 25-06-13, 10:39 AM   #4
mase_tw

Had a GREAT day! Waiting for pics to be uploaded online
Old 10-07-13, 11:18 PM   #5
mase_tw

Last edited by mase_tw; 11-07-13 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-07-13, 11:22 PM   #6
mase_tw

Any advice on body positioning? as you can see mine isnt great haha but i can blame that on being my first track day! lol
Old 11-07-13, 10:06 AM   #7
jambo
Mega Poster

You'll go faster by fussing about lines, corner entry and exit speed and not worrying about body position. Down side is you'll go faster than people but not look as cool in the photos, and being serious, that's what really matters

You're currently "locked in" to the tank sitting at the front of the seat. I'd bet you're taking most of the weight through your bum. Nowt wrong with that, good road technique, but doesn't help you move around on the bike. If you want to look good in the pictures you need to be putting weight through the balls of your feet on the pegs, rotating around the tank so you've got 1/2 a bum cheek still on the seat and moving your body over to the inside of the corner. It's natural to keep your eyes in line with the centre of the screen but you're aiming to get your body and head off-centre. The whole point is supposed to be to get your mass to the inside of the corner, letting the bike stay more upright for the same speed. Be advised this feels exaggerated, unnatural, and stupid when you first do it. It'll probably cost you pace while you get used to it too.

Jambo
Old 11-07-13, 10:34 AM   #8
mase_tw

Ill take this on board then in 2 weeks at Snetterton! So you reckon im sitting to close to the tank and i need to be a bit further away and rotate my body around the bike further?

Should this part of my foot be on the outside of the peg?
Old 12-07-13, 06:12 AM   #9
Wildkid

Rotating around the tank is the worst thing to do IMHO as you ride twisted. You need to sit back further to the back of the seat, slide a bum cheek off. Be on the all of your feet on the side that your turning whilst positioning your other outer foot wherever it feels comfortable to be able to grip that leg into the tank. You should effectively be throwing your head off the side as if your looking round a door with your arm bedded into the tank as well as your leg and your inside arm pointing to the floor.

The faster you go into the corners whilst doing this, the more g force you carry and the more weightless you feel to the point you can do it one hand.

Your better off practising your positioning on your next track day rather than worrying where your friends are or where you are in the grid because as soon as you better your positioning your naturally be faster and then be able to dictate your lines to make you quicker round the track.
Old 12-07-13, 02:08 PM   #10
jambo
Mega Poster

You say potato I say potato (that doesn't work when you type it). I suspect we probably end up in about the same place transitioning slightly differently.

It looks like the recommendations are pretty similar, perhaps yours is better written. Get your bum over, get your body off centre, and enjoy

Jambo