SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-02-06, 05:34 PM   #1
big twin grin

Default Double bubble screen

Can anyone recommend a good/quality fit db screen that does not look to high like some. (they can look a bit silly like they should be on a touring bike) I like the one's that have a square top instead of a rounded look if possible. Spoke to powerbronze at the bike show and they said theirs fit fine and you dont have to cut any fastners? is this true?
Old 11-02-06, 05:52 PM   #2
enon

I mounted this one on my bike (k3 nekid 650) for winter...

http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/c...model=su%2d057
(it looks bigger in the pic that in real life... don't forget to take into account what i looks like w/a rider to scale the size)

The best thing about it is the adjustable angle. If i'm wanting to hug the bike/ride upright, it can be adjusted accordingly. the install was easy too... mines perfect, took 15 minutes and i was already 1 bottle of wine into the evening when i started.

Another perk... it pop's on and off the bike (after the original install) in <1min with 2 thumb screws....
Old 11-02-06, 05:59 PM   #3
TC3

Default Re: Double bubble screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by big twin grin
Can anyone recommend a good/quality fit db screen that does not look to high like some. (they can look a bit silly like they should be on a touring bike) I like the one's that have a square top instead of a rounded look if possible. Spoke to powerbronze at the bike show and they said theirs fit fine and you dont have to cut any fastners? is this true?
I would not be without the DB Fabbri screen as it makes a big difference for me when riding at higher speeds. If you think it looks a bit silly you are in the minority on this one......
Old 11-02-06, 06:10 PM   #4
big twin grin

Sorry, I didnt mean to sound rude. I just like the look of some more than others. Other people have recommended fabri. Could you email me some pics?
Old 11-02-06, 08:15 PM   #5
TC3

E mailed u 2 pics. Not everyone likes em but i do and i did not take as what you said as rude
Old 11-02-06, 08:35 PM   #6
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I've got a powerbronze on my Curvey SVS, I really like it and I am very pleased with the fit and finish. It was easy to fit ( 5 minute job ) and I didnt have to cut any fasteners or muck about to fit it.

Liz has a Fabri on her K5 and out of the two I think that the fabri looks good as well. It was easy to fit and didnt involve any messing about either.

HTH

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-06, 09:49 PM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

The fabbri doesn't really fit the bill here though, since it's not got a flat top. I think maybe the ugly-as-sin Suzuki screen is the only option that really does have that flat top in fact.

I've had 3 screens on mine... A Powerbronze that looked like a double bubble but gave no more protection than stock, a Nuvo (I think) which was moderately effective, but quite ugly, and last (and it will be last), a Fabbri, which is a nice looking bit of kit, but also fantastically effective at wind protection.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-06, 01:33 PM   #8
jonhunt

i got a ermax areomax screen does the job and look good

http://www.ermaxuk.co.uk/pages3/dbc....08&product=234

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/477653/
Old 13-02-06, 12:10 AM   #9
independentphoto

Here's the type you're looking for......

http://www.bikehps.com/mra/doublebubblescreens.html

Must say that I fancied one of those originally. Spotted one on a pointy before and it looked nice.

Happy to Help.

Garry