SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 28-02-07, 12:40 AM   #1
independentphoto

Exclamation Bring me Sunshine.............PLEASE!

Is it just me or is everyone else in need of at least a 10 day run of calm, dry, bright weather?

WARNING...............

I've just popped on for a nosey around and can't help feeling that the January, February blues are dragging us all down. I wanted a browse through the Ice Cream Run to find out what piccies had appeared and any news of OYBs troubled engine. I hope that doesn't prove to be too bad. All I found instead was an extended exchange of everyone thinking that everyone else was having a go at them .

I'm finding some things in life a little tough at the moment due to additional deadlines and workload at work- this coupled with the crappy roads and changeable weather (nice on a Monday, crap on a Saturday), are making things a little depressing. Not a lot is happening bike-wise just yet, but it won't be long 'til the race season is back in full swing and hopefully the roads and weather will improve too. The nearest I've been to riding the SV for a good while has been perched upon her saddle atop of the paddock stand and running the fluids around.

***RANT ENDS***

I don't really believe that anyone has actually "had a go" at another, but when the forums are slow and very little positive is happening, it's easy to think the worst of people. It looks like everyone has made up now , so lets look forwards to the bike show, even if it's just for a coffee & bun together.

Speaking of which..........http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=84232

Cheers,

Garry
Old 28-02-07, 01:22 AM   #2
on yer bike

Default Re: Bring me Sunshine.............PLEASE!

yeah I think everyones just feeling crap the now, With my exams in less than 2 weeks I haven't had a chance to get any further with my bike. I tried to get a free pickup from Saltire, but that offer finishes today and they were fully booked. So spent the rest of the day trying to find someone with a bike trailer instead of revising.

The AA apparently only do 5 callouts in a year per bike, any more and they charge so I'm gonna use them as a last resort if all else fails.. I described what happened to Saltire and all they said was "No, it's not meant to do that and it didn't sound too good" which I felt was stating the obvious ever so slightly.

Last edited by on yer bike; 28-02-07 at 01:37 AM.
on yer bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-07, 08:01 AM   #3
Tiger 55

OYB, the AA will take your bike to Saltire as part of the first call out since they couldn't take it there at 8 o'clock on a Sunday night. As for charging, I bet they will but the bill goes to the terrible ****s at Suzuki GB who provided the warranty on these badly designed malfunctioning rice burners

Gary, Gary, Gary - nobody and I mean nobody is having a go at anybody! Yes, some of us prefer the SV to a CBR and I for one plan to rip the **** out of Stuartyboy in a very involving way for as long as possible but having a go? No. And yes, those of us who have come off wearing jeans would like OYB to wear better kit and learn from our painful experience not his, but have a go at the lad? No.

Sounds like you need a right good cheering up - try riding the SV regardless of the weather! You'll be happy when you're riding and then 4 and a half bloody hours after you start cleaning it you'll be happy it's shiny again.

Meantime, here are a couple more pictures from the run. In the first I have cleverly placed a passing car in front of OYB's bike to hide the evidence of his parking offence...

And in this one either somebody is working OYB's Action Man eagle eyes or Jimmy is making an improper suggestion of some sort...

And for the record, I feel better than James Brown!
Old 28-02-07, 08:16 AM   #4
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post
OYB, the AA will take your bike to Saltire as part of the first call out since they couldn't take it there at 8 o'clock on a Sunday night.
They told me they wouldn't. I had to pretend that the roadside breakdown was a wet front cylinder which I fixed, and that the coil was a separate breakdown. But I agree that they should give you a second tow for the one breakdown. Don't worry about what I was told OYB, at the end of the day you are speaking to one individual in a call centre, who may well have got it wrong. Try and get the second tow anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger 55 View Post
And in this one either somebody is working OYB's Action Man eagle eyes or Jimmy is making an improper suggestion of some sort...
Well that certainly raised a Laugh out Loud!
Old 02-03-07, 12:13 AM   #5
suicidesam

Quote:
Originally Posted by independentphoto View Post
Is it just me or is everyone else in need of at least a 10 day run of calm, dry, bright weather?
Not a hope in... springs to mind, Get the bike off the stand an out where it's meant to be!!

Will be out of here at 6.15 in the morn on the bike, forecast looks ok-ish compaired to what i've been out in this week

Get to wake all the neighbours, and annoy a few cagers all in one go
Old 02-03-07, 03:17 PM   #6
Quedos

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidesam View Post
Not a hope in... springs to mind, Get the bike off the stand an out where it's meant to be!!

The main reason he can't get it out (anybody changes it ) I won't let him and I have the keys to the house where his keys are kept and my dad's away so he can't sweet talk him!
Old 02-03-07, 03:51 PM   #7
independentphoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quedos View Post
The main reason he can't get it out (anybody changes it ) I won't let him and I have the keys to the house where his keys are kept and my dad's away so he can't sweet talk him!
BUT - I've got my spare and can get the bike out if I really want to get cold, wet & the bike dirty whilst skitting around the crap roads.

Just don't have enough drive in me to make me want to go through that. The thing could probably do with a run too!

Garry
Old 02-03-07, 07:11 PM   #8
suicidesam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quedos View Post
The main reason he can't get it out... Ermmmm...

I've got the keys for it
So it's like that is it... It's my ball/s an he's no gettin to play with it/them
Old 05-03-07, 02:59 PM   #9
Quedos

Smile Re: Bring me Sunshine.............PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicidesam View Post
So it's like that is it... It's my ball/s an he's no gettin to play with it/them
Yup - that is how it is. Why should he go out and have fun and I can't!