Old 04-03-08, 12:30 PM   #491
Blue_SV650S

Default Re: Silverstone GP - Mon 31 March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
He'll be fine.

1. He's young(ish).
2. He's a lycra clad bi-cyclist person.
3. He's got a new girlfriend to keep him fit!!!
Amount of effort involved is obviously proportional to speed too .. not only are the forces reduced significantly at lower speed, but you will get fewer laps in in your 20 mins!!

After a day of wobbling round in the novice group doing about 5-7 laps a session, it’ll give you a whole new appreciation for the effort that must be involved for the WSBk guys at the weekend doing 22 laps of Philip island at full race pace on 200mph 250hp? bikes .. .. and they do that twice .. after 2? full days testing/qualifying .. those guys are ludicrously fit!!

Now put them in sweltering heat of some of the tracks/rounds … they are a special kind of fit I tell ya … a special kind!!
Old 04-03-08, 10:16 PM   #492
Balky001
Mega Poster

It does depend how hard you try though. I've been on session, especially on smaller tracks when you just can't wait for the last lap flag to come out.

Don't get worried, if you are nervous then you'll feel it more in the arm pump. Just remember to use your leg and stomach as well as your arms to take braking load and you'll be fine.

If you feel tired or like you are losing concentrating or floating in mid air then you've overdone it and you need a rest
Old 04-03-08, 10:44 PM   #493
monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackhammer View Post
i am a bit concerned about all of this talk about fitness !!! exactly how knackering is this going to be (worried) - the longest that i have ridden in one go is about 70-miles and that was just bimbling around country lanes carving up tractors and caravans !!!!
I find the thighs and odd muscles which I didn't know I had take the brunt of it. Don't believe anything you read about it aching for one day. I've been hobbling/shuffling about for three days after! I'm seriously considering a thigh trainer and doing a few exercises to get me used to it.
Old 05-03-08, 11:54 AM   #494
Samnooshka

I'll be going up in the car with the photography gear, James will be taking a van let us know if we should bring anything as we have space.

Cheers

Sammy
Old 05-03-08, 11:57 AM   #495
Jester666

MY TOOK KIT please!!!
Old 05-03-08, 12:00 PM   #496
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnooshka View Post
I'll be going up in the car with the photography gear, James will be taking a van let us know if we should bring anything as we have space.

Cheers

Sammy
Are you going up the night before??

A BBQ would be nice
Old 05-03-08, 12:15 PM   #497
Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samnooshka View Post

Cheers

Sammy
If you could bring that pair of jogging trousers I left in the back of your car after my little "accident" at lydden and if someone else wouldn't mind bringing them back that'd be great...
Old 05-03-08, 12:34 PM   #498
Jester666

I'll bring 'em back as long as they're not "soiled"!!
Old 05-03-08, 12:39 PM   #499
Samnooshka

Will pack stuff left with me from Lydden... wont be around all day as i will be off out and about around the circuit looking for good photo taking spots. Anyone there as spectators and want to keep me company are more than welcome .

Haven't seen any of you for a long time so will be nice to catch up. Not sure if we are going up the night before... depends if i can get Lupo into kennels for that evening and the following day...
Old 05-03-08, 12:52 PM   #500
Jackhammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Perhaps an understatement ...

There are normally 7 session in a day (sometimes 8 ) .. so by my maths, a full day would see you ...

280 press-ups, 1050 squats, 105 pull-ups and 21,000 sphincter movements?!!? ... I?d say you are deffo gonna ache some if you are not used to it!!
well that would explain why your sweat so much LOL - thats a good summary though - at least it give me some idea of what to expect

cheers Blue