SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-05-08, 01:49 PM   #1
Corf

Default anyone used s-doc 100 cleaner?

hey

i bought some sdoc 100 from the over priced motorbike accessory chain and when i was at the till the guy said he had heard horror stories of it corroding peoples plastics and wires etc. has anyone used this cleaner and had bad results? bought it because its meant to help prevent corrosion etc aswell as clean. have bought some scottoiler 365 spray too.

also while i am possing a question i will add another if you don't mind, i picked up a fenda extenda day after getting bike and - any way of using a type of glue or bond rather than screw it on the fender?

thanks in adavnce for any help
Old 13-05-08, 09:50 AM   #2
MiniMac

Default Re: anyone used s-doc 100 cleaner?

I found the S Doc stuff toi be average, still needed a scrub afterwards, wheels in particular.

Also, I tried putting a few bits of araldite on the foam pads that come on fender extender, it came off at 110mph. Pants = wet.

If you use a bond, don't put it on the foam, put it on the actual extenda.
MiniMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 09:53 AM   #3
Luckypants
Mega Poster

I always use screws on a fenda extenda because I don't trust glue to hold it in place with all the muck and wet it has to deal with. However there are some that have had success with Silka-fix (spelling?)
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-08, 03:49 PM   #4
popeye

With regards to the bike cleaner; I used another bike cleaner on a previous bike and not long after, I started to get electrical problems (brake switch kept blowing fuses etc.). I also noticed that the lower front edge of the bellypan had worn through (something that had only just happened after 6 years).

This may all just be a coincidence but I'm now being very careful how I use this cleaner on the SV (on the wheels/engine only).

The thing to remember when using this type of cleaner is to make sure you do not leave it on for longer than the instructions specify and ensure you have plenty of clean water at hand to it rinse off, ideally a hose.
Old 13-05-08, 03:53 PM   #5
Corf

cheers guys. the bike is in 'just left factory' condition as it had only done 800odd miles in 2 years and i hope to keep it this way hence paying for theis cleaner. will give it a blast on a small area first i think and scottolier the rest of the bike after the clean.

thanka again - am off to drill the fenda.