SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-06-07, 06:40 PM   #1
LouLou

Talking My CBT/DAS...the story so far!

It's been 2 days now and I'm baaaaaad lol...I have actually managed to bin it a couple of times (4 actually!! Each time I've been virtually at a standstill, felt the bike go and I've followed but I've now realised that it's not particularly heavy and I can save it...what a muppet) but there you go...I'm a titch and I have the strength of a gnat!! Has anybody else been as rubbish as me? Probably not

It's been fun because I'm not learning in a car park but on a 700m go-cart track...I can't actually imagine how anybody can start to feel confident on a car park. The instructor said the minimum requirement for space is only 30 X 80 feet!!

Clutch control's coming on ok...I'm not all that great at stopping in general but I've got the hang of emergency stops...I guess it will come together with time! I'm enjoying the main road riding but it's pants in town and there's been a couple of times I've thought why am I doing this but I guess it's down to confidence

Oh...I'm REALLY bad at getting the bike on the centre stand...need to beef up down the gym or strap on some lead weights

I'm doing a 7 day course as I'm a total novice...at first I thought 7 days sounded extreme but now I'm just thinking...OMG, how am I going to be up to standard in time for the test!! Mind you...before yesterday morning I'd never even ridden on my own!
Old 19-06-07, 06:51 PM   #2
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Default Re: My CBT/DAS...the story so far!

no your the crappiest ever!!!!

it happens to everyone i nearly dropped my sv day i bought it lol to say i s**t my pants is an understatement

let us know when you fail
just kidding again

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-07, 07:01 PM   #3
sarah

on the second day of my DAS (my first day on a 500cc bike) i dropped the bike twice (both times at junctions) and rode into the other guy learning with me
Old 19-06-07, 07:02 PM   #4
LouLou

Quote:
Originally Posted by «Ŵìđéßõ¥» View Post
no your the crappiest ever!!!!

it happens to everyone i nearly dropped my sv day i bought it lol to say i s**t my pants is an understatement

let us know when you fail
just kidding again
Cheeky!! lol...I HAVE to pass...I want to be able to get out on my SV before I get too senile or it rots away!
Old 19-06-07, 07:02 PM   #5
northwind
Mega Poster

Words can't describe how **** I was at my CBT 5 attempts it took. Though that was mainly confidence issues after the first being catastrophically awful, took me as much time to get over that as it did to learn the stuff I was having trouble with.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-07, 07:05 PM   #6
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

ah you'll pass is surprisingly easy when i did mine felt like i was out 10 mins plus the assessor was in a car very easy to lose best thing is if you miss a turn or anythink just say the radio was crackly

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-07, 07:05 PM   #7
LouLou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
on the second day of my DAS (my first day on a 500cc bike) i dropped the bike twice (both times at junctions) and rode into the other guy learning with me
I feel better now knowing it's not just me! Thank you Did you pass first time? I was speaking to somebody the other night who passed on their 4th attempt...said it was easy to pass but it was also easy to fail!
Old 19-06-07, 07:07 PM   #8
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouLou View Post
I feel better now knowing it's not just me! Thank you Did you pass first time? I was speaking to somebody the other night who passed on their 4th attempt...said it was easy to pass but it was also easy to fail!
yup. i passed first time i ended up doing about 7 days of training because i had 2 tests cancelled due to bad weather.
Old 19-06-07, 07:08 PM   #9
LouLou

I'm feeling sooo much better now...I thought I was the worlds worst!! Hopefully I'll keep my SV upright...it's actually lower than the 125 I'm riding atm so that has to be a plus!!

Cheers everybody!!
Old 19-06-07, 07:09 PM   #10
LouLou

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
yup. i passed first time i ended up doing about 7 days of training because i had 2 tests cancelled due to bad weather.
Well done!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!