SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

TOTALSV Ireland Forum for SV riders in Ireland

Old 23-03-08, 09:28 PM   #1
thebluelion

Default Easter Monday

I can't make it to kirky tomorrow plans are shot visitors have come over from spain, but if weather is good told them i'm going for a spin so if any one fancies a spin pm me with your number and i will give you a bell. There is three of us so far talking of leaving Banbridge about 1 and going to Newcastle, i know newcastle everyone goes there but i'm killing two birds with one stone gonna call up to see my mum and she will put tea on for everyone hopefully thats is if theres not loads of us lol, going via Spelga Dam
Old 24-03-08, 05:58 PM   #2
Michael S

Default Re: Easter Monday

Terrible days racing but I did get a couple of shots of a very fast blue SV. Will post up once organised. What happened to you Yvo?
Old 24-03-08, 10:21 PM   #3
TOY40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael S View Post
Terrible days racing but I did get a couple of shots of a very fast blue SV. Will post up once organised. What happened to you Yvo?
I heard there was just 5-6 races and quite a few off cos the track was so cold?I didnt go as I still havent got another bike yet.
Old 25-03-08, 06:28 PM   #4
yvo6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael S View Post

It was baltic there on Monday. I had gear change probs at Bishopscourt on Sat, cause the gear change wasnt returning to normal position when i was going down the gears, especially from top - it was like you were standing on the lever, so on Sunday it was split and the spring and the selector were not in great shape. There were a few repairs done hoping it would keep her going for Monday. Not to be, the opposite was happening. In the race, down the back straight i couldnt get top, kept getting into neutral instead. After a couple of trys it would change up, but i lost so much time then after a couple of laps 4th decided misbehave too. There was no point in racing down that back straight in 4th, so i brought her in before she decided to liberate something!

Pity though, cause i was having a good race and the wee bike was going well otherwise.

At least i have a few weeks before she is out again and will get some new parts sorted.

Last edited by yvo6; 25-03-08 at 06:41 PM. Reason: because i'm a muppet