SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-07-11, 04:25 PM   #1
Specialone

Default For sale, Go Kart project.

Due to not having time or space and my welder needs repairing ive decided to sell my go kart project.

Its consists of...
A rolling chassis, apart from 1 tyre, all ok.
Front drum brakes only but do stop quite well.
Ive roughly mounted engine but would need welding or bolting more securely,
It would be a 125cc manual geared 5 speed kart with 3 pedals and shifter, pedals are there but clutch is a bodged one by previous owner, ive got some rod i was gonna fabricate a new one with which ill include, its easy tbh.
The linkages would have to be fabricated for the gear shift and clutch action, but not hard.
It comes with a seat which is a bit rough but could be fibre glass repaired and sprayed or just get another.
Steering wheel is missing the boss to mount it but if you have access to a lathe its a piece of p1ss to knock one up for it.
Ive been picking up bits and bobs over time, brand new accelerator cable, small petrol tank off a generator, small battery etc.

The engine is button start and has loom but probably needs tidying up, engine runs fine but loom took some working out to get it to run as it came with no instruction, ill include haynes manual for that engine.
I have an older 125 kick start engine which would run if stator and points were re-installed, ill include this also if required FOC.

The engine doesnt have an exhaust but i have some pipe that i was given with a chrome end can, or just pick up a cheapo one from a breakers, which is what i was gonna do.

Worse bit is the engine when i bought it had a snapped exhaust stud which previous owner had a bodge at drilling out badly, 3 options are, get it sparked out by a engineering firm, shouldnt cost much, swap the head over with the other engine im including (if it will fit) or load up with extra material the exhaust clamp so that one bolt will clamp it up sufficiently, it is only a go kart after all.

Im after £135 only to recover my spend on parts for it, engine alone cost me £85.
Once done this will make a cracking kart with added benefit of gears so will go quite well.

Cheers, Phil
Old 24-07-11, 04:41 PM   #2
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Re: For sale, Go Kart project.

Ooh, tempted, but wifey says no! Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-11, 08:52 AM   #3
Specialone

Bump
Old 29-07-11, 04:14 PM   #4
Specialone

Now reduced to £95 as i need room.
Old 29-12-11, 09:09 PM   #5
Specialone

I've done bugger all in regards to shifting this so I'll give it a week on here then it's evilbay.

Price now £55 as it really needs to go.
Old 29-12-11, 09:46 PM   #6
-Ralph-

Noooo! I was looking forward to a shot on that when you finished it!
Old 29-12-11, 09:57 PM   #7
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Noooo! I was looking forward to a shot on that when you finished it!
Yeah I would've liked to have finished it as I've not done any decent engineering for a while.

I just can't dedicate enough time or funds to it and more importantly I need the space in my garage.
Old 07-01-12, 07:54 PM   #8
woodyselectric

is it still for sale and where are you located. very interested.
Old 07-01-12, 08:17 PM   #9
Specialone

Castle bromwich, brum.

Yep still for sale as I'm a lazy ass who hasn't got round to putting it on eBay yet.