SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 26-03-06, 10:49 AM   #1
Diveboy

Default Watching BSB (dam you ITV)

I want to watch the whole days BSB like I used to on Sky. I'm really not that interested in in the main 2 races although I do like watching them. Mainly its because I want to see Den ride in the Supersport and Gareth ride in the Superstock.

So thank's very much ITV I'm sure the coverage you manage to squeeze into 1h30m will be fantastic (not) and I can't wait to see what adverts will interrupt my already limited viewing.

I guess I'll have to try watching he farce that's Moto GP. Might have a fiver on Rossi to make it a tiny wee bit interesting.
Old 26-03-06, 10:58 AM   #2
Cloggsy

Default Re: Watching BSB (dam you ITV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveboy
So thank's very much ITV I'm sure the coverage you manage to squeeze into 1h30m will be fantastic (not) and I can't wait to see what adverts will interrupt my already limited viewing.
Hadn't thought of that... <quickly run & switches over Sky+ to Sky Sports>
Old 26-03-06, 11:56 AM   #3
Mariner

That's typical of terrestrial TV, sign an exclusive live deal and show the bare minimum. Call SKY all you want, but at least when they get hold of a live sporting event they give it full appreciation.
If ITV don't want to use their main channel then perhaps they could show the full race card on ITV2, 3 or 4. It took the BBC a few years to realise that a lot of people find motorcycle racing exciting and now they show all 17 MotoGP races live, with interactive coverage of qualifying at 15 of the 17 events.
They have all made a big song and dance about multi-channels and the digital revolution, so lets use it!
Old 26-03-06, 01:51 PM   #4
Jdubya

Fully agree here...ITV's coverage is crap...not looking forward to the 90min less 30min worth of ads later. SKY will still be showing 3hrs but that will be at 21h30 tonight...not good when you have to be up at 05h00 for work
Old 26-03-06, 02:02 PM   #5
kwak zzr

ive got to watch itv's version of things ive got no choice
Old 26-03-06, 03:58 PM   #6
Diveboy

Well ITV's coverage was fairly poor as expected. Will set Sky+ for it tonight and see what I missed on itv.
Old 26-03-06, 05:41 PM   #7
GregK2

Didn't think much of ITV's coverage, although for us terestelly guys it's more than we got last year (1/2 hr channel 4 coverage usually a week after the event).

Didn't think much of the bike graphics when they were showing the grid, they were all the same CGI bike (looked like an R1) with different colours, that's just lazy.
Old 26-03-06, 05:54 PM   #8
Gnan

good highside from haslam tho
Old 26-03-06, 07:11 PM   #9
Jdubya

Very poor coverage I thought...I will set SKY+ for tonight to see R6 cup and supersport races.
Old 26-03-06, 08:09 PM   #10
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnan
good highside from haslam tho
PLEASE use the word "SPOILER" & leave a few empty lines if you're gonna mention something that happened during a race !!