SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-02-19, 01:48 PM   #7031
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
end of an era.. wife is now in full time care home.

good news is that the Bibster is free to do what he wants....

i'm not happy about all of this one bit but i had to for my sanity. which finally broke on Sunday.

might be in court tomorrow or next day we shall see...

now where is my debit card and bike keys...
Can't have been easy for you, but as you say mentally you'd reached breaking point.

But as I found out when my mum went into care, the burden is taken off your shoulders, doesn' stop you feeling guilty, but she's now got a team looking after her 24/7. So that's a good thing, so long as the care home is a good one.

Onwards and upwards mate
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 03:47 PM   #7032
shiftin_gear98

All the best Lance.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 03:56 PM   #7033
Bibio
Mega Poster

thanks peeps. yes its weird after 12 years of constant having to care for someone to not having to. my brain is still tuned to listen out for her shouting on me.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-19, 07:50 PM   #7034
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
thanks peeps. yes its weird after 12 years of constant having to care for someone to not having to. my brain is still tuned to listen out for her shouting on me.
That'll take a while for your brain to lose that programming.
Old 12-02-19, 07:59 PM   #7035
maviczap
Mega Poster

My gripes blooming trivial to Bibs

I'm looking for a car to replace the cheap Astra I bought to replace the workhorse Zafira that I'd had for nearly 15years. The Astra is fine for short journeys, but bloody uncomfortable over 30 miles, much like the Sv is without a replacement seat.

Can I find anything within my parameters that isn't a long drive, bearing in mind I want a test drive and then I'll have to go back to collect it, so I prefer the seller to be near to a mainline railway station.

The search continues!
Old 12-02-19, 09:45 PM   #7036
embee
Mega Poster

Quote:
end of an era.. wife is now in full time care home.

Sorry to hear this, all the very best wishes to both of you.
Old 13-02-19, 10:06 AM   #7037
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I do so hope I find a new contract soon so I can get out of the house, mainly due to the racket coming from down the road. Three large detached houses just round the corner from me are about to be demolished and wretched flats put up in their place by a greedy developer. We badly need larger homes in Wycombe as they are in short supply and anyone wanting one is more and more having to leave the town as it is filling up with rabbit hutch-sized places instead. We already have thousands of them! The racket is coming from a bloke in hi-viz and hard hat with a mini piling rig taking soil samples from the site. These flats will be an utter eyesore on the neighbourhood and will mean parked cars everywhere.

Stay tuned for more moans as this saga unfolds over the next year or two
Old 13-02-19, 10:48 AM   #7038
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Happened in the street we lived in in Bristol. Every house slowly bought up from elderly one car owning couples and converted to two flats. Each flat had young couples move in with a car each. Space for one car outside each house, but now 4 cars per house. Chaos.

We moved out to the suburbs for some space in general. Now, every year, the field we're next to has planning applications for 600 houses. When (not if) it goes through I'm dreading the years of noise and construction disruption more than the end result.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-19, 10:58 AM   #7039
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

The f$%^&ng mayhem outside my kids school every morning from 4x4 idiot parents screaming around the roads and parking up the pavements, on double yellows, over local residents' drives (and the shouting that ensues, often involving lots of language and aggression not fitting for outside a Primary school), on the zig zags, on junctions, across the dropped kerbs (then getting out with pushchairs and not even realising the irony ffs!).

It's a warmish nice day here so we decide to try and ride it. Daughter in cargo bike, son rides himself now. Absolute f^*^&^ng moron decides it's a good idea to overtake on a junction that I'm turning right out of, positioned in the middle of the lane, indicating. He ends up on the wrong side of the road waiting at the junction. So impatient he couldn't wait a second. Tries to get out quick as people are trying to get in to the junction on their side. See we are there and turning right but does the "pretending not to realise", avoiding eye contact and narrowly avoids going over the top of use as he screams out of the junction to run away from his f%ked up situation he's created. Then parks up outside his shop less than 100 metres away in the High St, so I ask him what he's doing and he denies everything. Ignorant moron.

And that is exactly why so many people don't walk or ride to school and get ferried in 4x4 tanks. A really messed up situation!

=== Not a great start to the day. Really shaken up and it will stay with me full of adrenalin all day now. ===

Last edited by Adam Ef; 13-02-19 at 11:01 AM.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-19, 11:16 AM   #7040
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Happened in the street we lived in in Bristol. Every house slowly bought up from elderly one car owning couples and converted to two flats. Each flat had young couples move in with a car each. Space for one car outside each house, but now 4 cars per house. Chaos.

We moved out to the suburbs for some space in general. Now, every year, the field we're next to has planning applications for 600 houses. When (not if) it goes through I'm dreading the years of noise and construction disruption more than the end result.
Don't forget the dust & dirt