SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 04-01-10, 11:17 AM   #1
gfewster

Default Great news, they admitted liability!

Got home yesterday to a surprise £1,400 cheque from the third party's insurers! Apparently this was the price their engineer put on the repairs following an inspection.

Given I spent £450 on the repairs necessary to make it roadworthy, I'll have done ok once I spend another £160 on new fairing lowers! I think I can live with the remaining few scratches.

Apparently they will also pay for my kit if I send in quotations for replacements and photographs to prove I own it.

Winner.
Old 04-01-10, 11:40 AM   #2
EssexDave

Default Re: Great news, they admitted liability!

Nice new year present.
Glad its all sorted.
Old 04-01-10, 11:44 AM   #3
lee67

wish mine was....its been 8 months now...there taking him to court tomoz cos he didnt show up the week before xmas!!...6 counts of dangerous driving inc leaving the scene, not turning up to be charged and court' and changing his apperance totally for the id parade!!...think he's fecked
Old 04-01-10, 11:46 AM   #4
gfewster

Sure it'll come good in the end lee67, and when it does it'll be worth it!
Old 04-01-10, 01:01 PM   #5
lee67

sure it will m8, solicitor/police and cps agree it will'....ive had to have knee surgery from the accident, awaiting a 2nd operation on the knee, my wife was injured..were both still on physio/private medical from the accident so hes gonna have a HUGEEEEEEE bill..then add in bike wrote off, all gear damaged(me and wife)..and physical damages, ..anyways glad to hear yours is sorted m8...did your bike get wrote off? mine was with £4800 of damage, cat c.....rebuilt it at my expense and fresh new mot so all legal now...

Last edited by lee67; 04-01-10 at 01:02 PM.
Old 04-01-10, 01:05 PM   #6
gfewster

Mine wasn't written off. Damage estimated at £1,400..... I spent £450 on the bare essentials to get back on the road, £160 more on fairing lowers (this morning actually!) and put the rest towards some flash new clothing.