SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-05-20, 12:02 PM   #1
DamoK4

Default Paint for fairings

Hi guys, im sure this has been talked about but after a quick search i only found touch up paint, and an expensive one. Does anyone have a code or a good match for the black paint on a 2004 S model so i can spray them. They are blue at the mo. I'll find out how to prep and spray them later i just wanna get some ordered so they are here at the same time. I don't know if they come with fittings yet i just saw a bargain and bought it.

Cheers guys
DamoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-20, 11:15 PM   #2
DamoK4

Default Re: Paint for fairings

Paint code was YAY nebular black for anyone stumbling upon this. Had them professionally sprayed and looks amazing. It has quite a bit of green in it when you look in the tin. Paint shop even filled in a few minor scuffs with the left over paint and gave the bike a good polish. Removed my tank sticker and red Sv650s sticker from the front fairing for me ready to stick nice new ones on. Even grabbed some brackets up for me and fit them. Can’t beat taking your bike to a sprayer who is a biker for customer service
Old 01-06-20, 04:57 PM   #3
Toooldtodie

I don't suppose you have any commercial interest in the paint shop?

If not, then share the name of the establishment as this will do us all a favour to have someone to trust with paint, etc. in your area.

See Gadget's post below and you'll see what I mean!!

Last edited by Toooldtodie; 01-06-20 at 05:06 PM.
Toooldtodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-20, 06:41 PM   #4
DamoK4

No i have no commercial interest in it, I definitely recommend it though. The guy is called Bob at BJ & KO Vehicle Painters in Colne, Lancashire. It’s at the end of the end of the M65