SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 06-03-11, 07:00 PM   #4411
Warthog

Default Re: The TV Mini Mehga thread.

I revved my bike today. In the garage. Still works. Considering taxing it again, lets see if it warms up a bit more .
Old 07-03-11, 10:30 AM   #4412
philbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
This is bad....come on boys and girls - time to come out of hibernation. Spring is here!
I never went into hibernation. Everyone else just stopped coming out to play. actually no, I've been so busy that I havent had time to play either. Will be at the Shire tomorrow though. So come on Jon, your last weeks of freedom or ticking away -so you will not be allowed friends any more Tis the law.

Last edited by philbut; 07-03-11 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-03-11, 02:58 PM   #4413
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Working from home tomorrow and need to get the wedding list sorted. My life is one big project at the moment!

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 08:07 AM   #4414
Stig

I'll soon be out and about a bit more. Redundancy at the end of the month so time will be on my side. Anyone else out there not working and ready to go out to play on bikes instead of looking for a new job?

Oh and I will be moving house at the end of the month too. Moving from Bradford On Avon to Amesbury. So a fraction closer to the Shire.
Old 08-03-11, 10:21 AM   #4415
FG1

But is it a big enough fraction to actually get you to the Shire. Be good to see you back though.
Old 08-03-11, 10:33 AM   #4416
philbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
Oh and I will be moving house at the end of the month too. Moving from Bradford On Avon to Amesbury. So a fraction closer to the Shire.
Very nice part of the world there mate (as is your current location to be honest).

You never know, once I finish my experimental stuff, I might have the odd day off to go for a ride. Can think of worse places to head off to on a sunny day. Just need to get a few more mresults then i can start to write...
Old 08-03-11, 10:35 AM   #4417
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Ginger One View Post
But is it a big enough fraction to actually get you to the Shire. Be good to see you back though.
Quite likely. Work dependent. Which means if I am not working, then absolutely. It would basically mean I wouldn't have to hang around from 4.15 to 7.00 waiting for people to turn up. I would just jump on the bike from home and ride directly to the Shire at the normal meet up time. It's that 2h 45m of doing nothing that makes me not bother at the moment, especially with another 1hr 45m ride home after the event. Amesbury is only about an hour away from the Shire.
Old 08-03-11, 10:41 AM   #4418
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
Very nice part of the world there mate (as is your current location to be honest).
I love Bradford On Avon. It really is a nice place to live. But we are moving due to Lisa's work, my work (at the moment at any rate) and to be closer to my kids. Lisa commutes an hour at the moment, after we move it will be 10 minutes. And the house we are moving to is bigger (with a garage) and much much nicer.

I've had a look around Amesbury. Not really that much going on there, although there are quite a few places not too far away. Stonehenge less than 4 miles away but that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
You never know, once I finish my experimental stuff, I might have the odd day off to go for a ride. Can think of worse places to head off to on a sunny day. Just need to get a few more mresults then i can start to write...
Cool. It'll be nice to drag myself off the PS3 and onto the bike.
Old 08-03-11, 12:37 PM   #4419
philbut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
Cool. It'll be nice to drag myself off the PS3 and onto the bike.
You sound like more of a student than me lol.
Old 08-03-11, 01:02 PM   #4420
Stig

Speaking of which, anyone got any idea's what I can do next? As much as the temptation to blow my redundancy money on a nice new ZX10 is appealing, I have thought about maybe spending it on learning a new trade. But what? Hmmm