SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

View Poll Results: Should I change my user name?
No leave it as it is. 4 50.00%
Yes change it to Rh1no or similar 4 50.00%
Change it to what I've suggested below. 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-05-08, 11:34 AM   #11
Warthog

Default Re: Hello everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadeyc73 View Post
I plan to come along to the next meet, following WartHog and Philbut down but making sure I have plenty of stopping distance having seen the results of last weeks ride down!!
We'll just let Phill ride in front!

By the way, keep the name, I feel extra special knowing it actually means Adey (or Ady). Just another one of the TVSF special little secrets! (just like I in no way look (or smell) like a warthog )
Old 07-05-08, 12:14 PM   #12
philbut

Hello! Now, enough about my lax stopping skills or I'll have YOUR number plate too heheh. I used to lve in Aylesbury too. In Bedgrove - nice . still, there are some nice technical roadsa baout near Wendover and Butlers cross.

Looking forward to meetin you mate
Old 07-05-08, 09:26 PM   #13
aadeyc73

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibble View Post
True, rhino is easy, but just looking at the name again.. it's not too hard to remember really.... Ady-C

(although does that mean the 73 is a dead give away to the year Adrian was born or just the magical number to some lock combination.. hehe)

Oh crap you've figured out the complex code I'd better forge a new birth certificate and change the code to my safe, just in case someone tracks it down and manages to help the moths escape.
Old 07-05-08, 09:57 PM   #14
Warthog

Hey Adrian, I just fitted the curvey speedo drive you gave me. It actually doesn't fit, but with a bit of bodging and filing, I got it to work. So thanks a lot buddy!
Old 07-05-08, 10:02 PM   #15
aadeyc73

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
Hello! Now, enough about my lax stopping skills or I'll have YOUR number plate too heheh. I used to lve in Aylesbury too. In Bedgrove - nice . still, there are some nice technical roadsa baout near Wendover and Butlers cross.

Looking forward to meetin you mate
There's nothing wrong with Bedgrove better than where I am, 10 mins walk from the prison.

It'll be good to meet you all on tuesday and you'll be able to have a laugh at my quality riding, if you can see that far back
Old 07-05-08, 10:04 PM   #16
aadeyc73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Hey Adrian, I just fitted the curvey speedo drive you gave me. It actually doesn't fit, but with a bit of bodging and filing, I got it to work. So thanks a lot buddy!
I'm glad you got it to work, you never now the bodge job might even improve the accuracy.
Old 08-05-08, 06:16 AM   #17
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadeyc73 View Post
It'll be good to meet you all on tuesday and you'll be able to have a laugh at my quality riding, if you can see that far back
From experience, people who understate their own abilities regarding riding of motorcycles tend to lie. They are normally quite good.

I myself am a riding genius. Hell even only this morning I managed to scrape my crash bung.
Old 08-05-08, 06:20 AM   #18
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
From experience, people who understate their own abilities regarding riding of motorcycles tend to lie. They are normally quite good.

I myself am a riding genius. Hell even only this morning I managed to scrape my crash bung.
Ape lies to. He probably scrapped it whilst riding on one wheel round the twisties and eating a continental breakfast all at the same time!

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-08, 06:37 AM   #19
ogden
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
From experience, people who understate their own abilities regarding riding of motorcycles tend to lie.
"And what's more, I usually only ride a dinky little 250!"
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-08, 10:50 AM   #20
Warthog

250's can't possibly keep up with sv650s!!

Oh.