SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 05-01-11, 03:22 PM   #1
stewie

Default Photography / Camera chat thread.

There always seems to be a healthy debate about photography whenever someone asks about new cameras etc so how about having a seperate photo thread in the photo section itself ? just a thought
Old 05-01-11, 04:43 PM   #2
TC3

Default Re: How about a photo chat thread ?

A thread talking about photo techniques etc might be a good idea. Plenty people here who have good knowledge and plenty who dont. Maybe someone should start of with a question and let the thread evolve.

No question is too basic as we all started somewhere
Old 05-01-11, 11:35 PM   #3
Specialone

Ok, i'll start what the feck do i do ?
Old 06-01-11, 11:50 AM   #4
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
Ok, i'll start what the feck do i do ?
Ok, you've got a blank cheque, you can go anywhere, can afford any equipment and can photograph anything you like what would you ? me ? I'd go for some kind of Leica system, preferably film not digi, head for the Mojave desert.
Ok, its maybe not doing a portrait of Mandela or something else but whatever floats your boat I suppose.
Old 11-01-11, 12:33 AM   #5
Electro

New question on the thread.

I would like a dslr and have a budget of £250. Been looking at D350 or 400 but i know the 400 would be a body only deal and the 350 would be at least a package. Seen the Sony A200 and after that i got bored doing my research. Anyone got any ideas for the price i am willing to spend?

Cheers, Electro.
Old 11-01-11, 09:32 AM   #6
keith_d
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
Ok, you've got a blank cheque, you can go anywhere, can afford any equipment and can photograph anything you like what would you ? me ? I'd go for some kind of Leica system, preferably film not digi, head for the Mojave desert.
Ok, its maybe not doing a portrait of Mandela or something else but whatever floats your boat I suppose.
Money no object - I'd buy a couple of Nikon D3s and have enough money in the bank to do a year of voluntary work for the WWF documenting their projects around the world.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 02:40 PM   #7
jambo
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electro View Post

I would like a dslr and have a budget of £250. Been looking at D350 or 400 but i know the 400 would be a body only deal and the 350 would be at least a package. Seen the Sony A200 and after that i got bored doing my research. Anyone got any ideas for the price i am willing to spend?

Cheers, Electro.
That's not a stunning ammount of money. And as you are aware it's going to mean a 2nd hand deal.
Canon 350D/400D both good cameras (My trusty 400D has done me well)

When looking at deals bear in mind a new canon 1000D can be had with a lens for ~£350.
Nikon D40 or similar might be availible for that sort of money?

Jambo
Old 11-01-11, 03:27 PM   #8
stewie

Quote:

Cheers, Electro.
I saw and advert for a new Nikon D60 the other day for £269, I'll see if I can rack it down for you
Old 11-01-11, 06:42 PM   #9
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:

Cheers, Electro.
I have a Canon 300d, old but good. I paid £230 for it with 2 lenses, 2 batteries, charger, 2GB worth of memory cards & a Lowepro bag to keep it all in.

My daughter also bought a Canon 1000d off Ebay with a bag & lens for £285, so there are some bargains to be had & I have to say that for budget cameras they take some damned good pictures.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-11, 09:43 AM   #10
Electro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
I have a Canon 300d, old but good. I paid £230 for it with 2 lenses, 2 batteries, charger, 2GB worth of memory cards & a Lowepro bag to keep it all in.

My daughter also bought a Canon 1000d off Ebay with a bag & lens for £285, so there are some bargains to be had & I have to say that for budget cameras they take some damned good pictures.
Seen some of your pic Mr C and they are looking pretty good mate.

I`m aware the camera will be 2nd hand, i wouldnt really want to spend extra on new as i more than likely will end up dropping it or summat equally depressing lol.