SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-06-07, 04:55 PM   #1
rs_tubby

Default Tail tidy and undertray

hey all i was just wondering if you can put the undertray and tail tidy on or do i have to make a custom tail tidy for it all, thanks for any help
Old 11-06-07, 04:57 PM   #2
Baph

Default Re: Tail tidy and undertray

There's a few undertray / tailtidy options available. Search function on the forum will reveal all.

Personally, I have the stock undertray, with an Evotech tail tidy.
Old 11-06-07, 05:02 PM   #3
rs_tubby

jus i like the undertray and noticed that some people have trouble with some tail tidys not being of correct fitment
Old 11-06-07, 06:21 PM   #4
Rich
Mega Poster

Heres the undertray i fitted to my SV, looks brill and fits a treat. I recommend but not for the faint hearted, plenty of hacking is involved!!!!

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=80152
Old 11-06-07, 07:34 PM   #5
rs_tubby

it does make me laugh how something which is supposedly made for the bike requires to be cut, they look good but i may just get the tail tidy as that is the main bit which sticks out (litrealy) on the bike.
Old 11-06-07, 07:44 PM   #6
Rich
Mega Poster

Thats aftermarket parts for you mate, still it's worth it in my opinion!!! Transforms the rear end and i get no end of comments from other bikers about it!!!
Old 12-06-07, 03:51 AM   #7
Paul C

As you live in Jolly Olde, don't know if I would fit an undertray with the lovely weather you all seem to ride in. The matte black of the stock SV does not show a beating like a color matched undertray that requires constant cleaning and chips up very easily with the crud spun up by the rear tire in wet riding.

I went with the Hamicad-high quality contruction, stainless steel, IMO looks great, works with stock or aftermarket indicators, holds up like a real trooper. It fits well, can be mounted in less than an hour. You can go on the website and download the very good assembly instructions (would work well for installing their competitor's tidys), lots of clear pictures. You do not have to modify the battery box with these, as you do with most of the full undertrays. You do have to remount the fuse box (with all of them), but a couple of zip ties take care of that.

I have to ride 3/4 mile down a gravel road to get to my garage, so kept the OEM undertray. It looks like this after two years of use:

Last edited by Paul C; 12-06-07 at 03:57 AM.