SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

EuroTour An area to discuss potential European trips, and to ask advice about long distance touring.

Old 31-07-08, 08:42 PM   #1
nigel

Default euro 2009 SV deep south meet

in association with the uk sv portal, the belgian and the french sv clubs we are organising an SV meet here in the south of france in mid june 2009 to ride the pyreees for about 8 days the uk group will take the ferry to bilbao (£152 return if booked soon based on 4 people with 4 bikes sharing) unless of course they want to ride down from calais in which case we have uk run biker friendly stops mid france, who can accomodate.
At the moment we are only gauging response to see how many we are likely to accomodate etc but we would like to have a show of hands to know how many would like to come so that we can draw up plans and perhaps get a cheaper deal on the ferry etc and make plans for quite a shindig
some will be staying at our house others at neighbours in the village and if you need to keep costs down you can camp as well. what better way of mixing top class roads with the relaxed southern way of lifeJust in case some of you dont know what the roads are like here check out th videos on our website http://www.coupdecoeur.co.uk/scenic_roads.htm
PM me if interested and i shall give you an estimated break down of costs and what you can expect to do whilst here
well i suppose you can always veg on the beach!
dont forget if partners dont want the long ride down they can get a ryanscare flight to perpignan, for less than a night out, where we can collect them for you
so over to you!!

Last edited by nigel; 31-07-08 at 08:45 PM.
Old 21-01-09, 09:24 PM   #2
gettin2dizzy

Default Re: euro 2009 SV deep south meet

Was there any follow up to this?
Old 22-01-09, 07:35 AM   #3
nigel

sadly there has been no further feedback from this site we have about 15-18 bikes coming out from the sv1000 forum and at the moment an unknown amount of french bikers as well as spanish. As we are already full at our house we have already found a local gite and are arranging to put people up with neighbours etc so if anyone else wants to come over and enjoy a good week the dates are leaving portsmouth 16th June on the ferry to santander and arriving back on the 25th. Anyone interested please drop me a line ASAP as we need to book the ferry in groups of 4 to gt a good price.
Old 29-01-09, 09:33 AM   #4
nigel

2009 European SV Meeting
DUE TO RISING FERRY COSTS

THE CUT OFF TIME FOR BOOKINGS IS THIS SUNDAY 01/02/09
ANYONE INTERESTED AFTER THIS DATE PLEASE CONTACT ME AND WE CAN WORK ON A ONE TO ONE BASIS

This thread is for any/all members who would be interested in going to a European Meeting in the south of France, yes the destination will be Nigel & Maz's lovely home near Perpignan.
http://www.coupdecoeur.co.uk/

We are also looking to invite members from the French and Belgian SV owners forums as well and make it a truly European meeting.

Dates are Tuesday 16th June, ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao and then riding through the Northern part of Spain and into France returning to England on Thursday 25th June.

Anyone who may be interested drop me a Pm or post on here and i will try and give you answers to your questions or replies to your comments.

"And don't forget Nigel knows some fantastic roads in and around the area."
Road 1
Road 2
And of course this one....
Peter Rose Testing

For those contemplating this amazing trip we are putting a cut off date as this coming Sunday so that we can book accomodation.
Old 07-02-09, 08:42 AM   #5
nigel

If there is anyone interested we have 1 place left on the ferry due to having to book in groups of 4 to get a lower price. This is going to be a really good trip so if you are interested drop me a pm