SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-08-10, 12:47 PM   #1
Baggy

Default Fix my Street

I am not suire being a newbie if this has been posted before, but theres a website where you can report quickly and pot holes etc you see http://www.fixmystreet.com/.

The IPhone app Street report also links to this website
Old 05-08-10, 12:53 PM   #2
Baggy

Default Re: Fix my Street

Can also report other things like graffiti, fly tipping, broken paving slabs, or street lighting
Old 05-08-10, 12:53 PM   #3
beabert

I can recommend this, reported 3 potholes in my area once, filled in within the week
Old 05-08-10, 12:56 PM   #4
Baggy

I have just reported on the Tyburn Road A38 in Birmingham which I use on my commute they have taken out the bus lane by chipping away the solid white line inbetween lanes, this has created a trench whixh is getting bigger. When filtering or swapping lanes your wheels get stuck and it pushes you all over the place.

I have reported this twice in 3 months to Birmingham Council but nothing.
Old 05-08-10, 01:51 PM   #5
Specialone

The good thing is they finally realise bus lanes along there are useless, caused more traffic than before, it didnt even help the buses that come along every 15 mins
Old 05-08-10, 06:27 PM   #6
beabert

I hate buses, they cause huge congestion, diesel everywhere, have there own lanes.
Old 06-08-10, 04:34 AM   #7
MattCollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by beabert View Post
I hate buses, they cause huge congestion, diesel everywhere, have there own lanes.
But... transport 50 plus people at a time which might correlate to 20 plus less cars competing for the same bit of road.

Potholes have never caused me much bother unless 3km of highway disappears as happened two years ago. I just ride around them, however, as a rate and tax payer I don't like to see a $100 fixit become a $10,000 rebuild.
Old 06-08-10, 06:01 AM   #8
keith_d
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCollins View Post
But... transport 50 plus people at a time which might correlate to 20 plus less cars competing for the same bit of road.
In London 50 people = 46 cars

Last edited by keith_d; 06-08-10 at 06:02 AM.
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-10, 07:02 AM   #9
metalangel

They're putting more bus lanes into Cardiff as well as pedestrianizing St Mary Street now... it now takes about three times as long to get from one side of the city centre to the other because more and more of the routes are blocked.

And the irony (and I think this fits the definition) is that I work in public transport but it's worthless for getting me to work, I *have to* drive.
Old 06-08-10, 12:03 PM   #10
beabert

Seems simple to me, scrap buses and scrap the bicycle scheme, hello scooter scheme lol.