SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-06-06, 10:44 AM   #1
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Default Really loving my bike at the moment

People always tend to post stuff about when their bike has gone t*ts up, so her is one to the contrary!

Went on a 150 odd mile ride around the south on Saturday and again on Sunday (to the parents), but with Kate on the back this time.

Don't know if it's just the weather but everything feels so good! Never had more confidence in my bike before, than in the past couple of days. Just wish it was (another) bank holiday
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-06, 10:53 AM   #2
Blue_SV650S

Ok, well I haven’t been on my bike for 3 days (that’s a lot for me ) … rode to work this morning and took the scenic route (read the route where I can rag the fooook out of it round the twisties!! ) I really enjoyed it.

I have been constantly at battle trying to sort my front suspension, but this morning, it was great!! … think I might have finally sorted it (or at least got it to an usable and acceptable level)!!!

Looking forward to my ride home!!
Old 05-06-06, 10:59 AM   #3
thor

You know the warmer weather might make a difference to the feel because your tyres are likely to be a fair bit hotter than winter riding.

Old 05-06-06, 11:41 AM   #4
RingDing

I'm with you Luke! I love my SV. Even during the winter I looked forward to my ride to work. Now the weather is better I'm leaving work as early as poss and taking the twisty route home every day. Flexi balance is suffering as a result!

I fitted uprated springs (0.85) and heavier oil at the weekend and it's much better. More feedback and control into corners as it's not so mushy. Still OK over fast bumps too. Maybe emulators to complete the upgrade at some point but I'll give it a month or two like this first. Shows up the rear shock as being too soft though!

If the weather is like this tomorrow it'll be difficult not to ride straight past the entrance to work and disappear down to Exmoor for the day!

P.

3x Honda C110 - phut-phut-phut
KTM Duke 690 - brum-braaaaaaa!!!!!
BSA C25 - brum-braa-braa
RD350LC Ring-ding-phut-clatter-££££££
RingDing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-06, 12:01 PM   #5
Ed

I'm a me too
Old 05-06-06, 12:53 PM   #6
Marshall

Ditto

i know ive only had my SV two weeks but ive already put 800 miles on her, Saturday me and the lads went out on a 160 mile blast, ive never felt so comfortable and confident than then. Perfect weather, brill roads, just general happiness

Marshall
Old 05-06-06, 09:23 PM   #7
Vfr400

I was feeling like this on Saturday only managed an hour and a half( life is busy at the moment) but thoroughly enjoyed it, even managed to get the front end light and squirrelly over the bumps the highlight of the weekend for me.

chris