SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 08-04-15, 05:44 PM   #21
willf

Default Re: One bike to do everything?

Multistrada.
Old 08-04-15, 07:32 PM   #22
nutzboutbikes

Finally, one bike that might fit the bill completely Aprillia Tuono V4 APRC!!

[/QUOTE]

Mmmm very nice, good call sir!
Old 08-04-15, 08:05 PM   #23
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Have you ridden one? One of the few bikes where the expression "it will rip your arms out" really does apply. Absolutely blistering performance, far more than the lack of a screen allows.....
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-15, 09:00 PM   #24
nutzboutbikes

no I haven't but I sure would like to experience the arm ripping terror just once, this type of bike (for me anyway) is what a road bike should be
Old 08-04-15, 09:54 PM   #25
Red Herring
Mega Poster

You'll need to persuade whoever lends you one (a dealer in my case) to turn some of the electrics down a bit if you want the full experience. The first time I rode it I had a warning light of some description continually flashing at me but with the anti wheelie and traction control etc calmed down a bit it's a proper tool.....for a short while!
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-15, 10:19 PM   #26
allantheboss

Xjr1300
Old 08-04-15, 10:21 PM   #27
allantheboss

I drove my XJR Swindon>Rome no problem.

Accelerates faster than I can manage and I've owned the bike for 3 years and 15k miles.

Had it at over 150mph.

Ohlins suspension rear and adjustable both ends.

And I think they're only £8000-9000
Old 08-04-15, 11:23 PM   #28
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
[Insert VFR Stuff here]
Finally, one bike that might fit the bill completely Aprillia Tuono V4 APRC!!
Given how many people rate the VFRs, I'd be stupid not to give it a good test ride to compare it, so will see how it compared.
As for the Aprilla, spotted this last week, and it's one on the list for me to have a look at! If it's as good as the right-up was for it, it could be a forerunner! (Although, would want a bigger screen on it mind for the long runs...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3nny View Post
I spent yesterday riding 2 of the big tourers you mention and found them both much better than the VFR.
Will be having a proper read through that whole thread tomorrow! Hadn't spotted it, cheers for the link

Quote:
Originally Posted by allantheboss View Post
XJR/Accelerates faster than I can manage/Had it at over 150mph/Ohlins suspension rear and adjustable both ends.
I want something that will either adjust the suspension automatically, or at the flick of a switch/turn of a dial while on the go. If I need to get a spanner out, I may as well keep what I've got. As for speed, really not fussed about it - I'd rather have something that can hold the speed in the corners, than get up to speed quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willf View Post
Multistrada.
Added to the list to test! How had I not spotted that before...
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 10:53 AM   #29
DJ123
Mega Poster

Adventure Bikes.

They have very good suspension as standard, let alone when you add ESA/DDC and whatever other electronic names there are. The engines are strong, plenty of torque to get up to speed, perform overtakes and tour effortlessly. Comfy seating position, good screen sizes and wide bars mean an comfortable riding position all day long. With all that you get a lot of luggage options, accessories & options to make the bike fit you ad your needs better. Not many other bikes allow you to change so much, or have as many aftermarket parts to make it your bike.

BMW R1200GS
Ducati Multistrada-chain drive
Yamaha Tenere XT1200Z/ZE
V Strom 1000-chain drive
Triumph Explorer

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-15, 12:14 PM   #30
suzukigt380paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjob View Post
Adventure Bikes.

They have very good suspension as standard, let alone when you add ESA/DDC and whatever other electronic names there are. The engines are strong, plenty of torque to get up to speed, perform overtakes and tour effortlessly. Comfy seating position, good screen sizes and wide bars mean an comfortable riding position all day long. With all that you get a lot of luggage options, accessories & options to make the bike fit you ad your needs better. Not many other bikes allow you to change so much, or have as many aftermarket parts to make it your bike.

BMW R1200GS
Ducati Multistrada-chain drive
Yamaha Tenere XT1200Z/ZE
V Strom 1000-chain drive
Triumph Explorer
Opinions are like ass holes, every one has one.But adventure bikes are not cheap, normally have a high seat,top heavy,and arnt any good in general as a adventure bike,Mcreggor and Boorman have a lot to answer for,and they don't fit into the sports part off sports tourer anywhere,YOU ask my mate who has been across africa and the sahara 4 time what bike he uses,and how many brand new bmw bikes he has seen left behind,and been paid to go back and retrieve them