SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 21-04-09, 06:59 PM   #1
Bibio
Mega Poster

Smile Bibio's Sunday Bimbles

ok folks.. Every Sunday, if the weather is nice i am out

so if anyone else can get out on a sunday and would like a rideout to anywhere..

if you are intrested, please post suggestions, meeting etc.etc. here..

i dont care where i go as long as its not much over 400miles round trip (me bum gets sore after that)

as the summer gets going there are a few of my mates that will be tagging along...

Lance

Meet at South Queensferry McDonalds 9:30 for 10am

Rules of the ride, as per all ecosse rodeouts: everyone stays with the pack as much as they can... no leaving slower riders on their own to try and catch up.. we all know its dangerous so we wont be doing it... if the faster riders want to go and play on some lovely twistys. etc.etc that's not a problem as long as they either pull over/slow down and let the slower riders catch up.. novice/slower riders will not be 'pushed' into trying to ride faster.. if you are a novice/slower rider do not try and ride outwith your capability's to try and catch up with faster/experienced riders. ride at your own pace

Last edited by Kilted Ginger; 11-06-09 at 08:07 PM.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-09, 06:58 PM   #2
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: sunday rides

Sunday 26th April. Now Saturday 25th due to forecast downpours!

well, its official its saturday... 25th april...

if anyone is still up for this with the date change here is the proposed (modified pete's) route..

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...4,3.570557&z=9

made a few adjustments to include some ice cream at st lucia's in musselburgh.. also at the end of the run we could include the hawes pub in south queensferry for a cuppa.. or everyone can filter off home after musselburgh..

Last edited by Kilted Ginger; 11-06-09 at 07:44 PM.
Old 26-04-09, 09:34 PM   #3
Kilted Ginger

Sorry folks, a bit disorganised this weekend what with visitors and everythibg. Well despite my best efforts we did manage a wee ride today and Tiger55 even managed to join us.

The Bandit 1250, very impressed, does exactly what it says on the tin, if you use the gearbox properly its is very fast and very responsive,,,,,,,,,,,or alternatively you can stick it in 6th gear at 30mph and it still does everything you ask of it. It turns on a sixpence, it rolls into corners (not falls as sugggested in ride) Suspension was the only thing that could be slightly improved but even that performed well, no noticeable difference with or without pillion.

Now I'm not bikey enough to identify exactly what it is but for me the CBF was a knats pube better, dont know why just was, other half preferred the cbf as well but that was probably the colour as much as anything.

Anyway back to the ride, nice bimble out to stirling then up to callander, crianlarich to crieff, bit wet and wild but very nice and fun all the same, some quite spirited but safe, rapid progress was made by T55 here smooth lines and very confident cornering. nice.

It was at this point we realised we were a bit behind schedule fro getting the bandit bact to saltire for 4pm, what followed was interesting to say the least but still enjoyable but definately pushing the envelope slightly.

I would like to apologise to Tiger55 and -Ralph- for putting them in this position and pressuring them to make faster progress than we would normally. Sorry guys, entirely my fault, wont happen again.

Then a blast down to edinburgh with some slightly agrssive filtering which the bandit coped with better than i expected.

All in All a really good day, thanks for the company and the limited banter we had time for. cheers lads.

Last edited by Kilted Ginger; 26-04-09 at 11:04 PM.
Old 27-04-09, 07:21 AM   #4
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Ginger View Post
I would like to apologise to Tiger55 for pressuring him to keep up with a guy on a £2500 excess demo bike and a guy riding a mate's bike 3rd party only!
Which I then failed to do.

I find the transition from bimble to blast isn't easy and the transition from Bandit to SV was much harder than the other way round. The simultaneous transition from Bandit bimble to SV blast was......challenging

If I'm ever in the market for a 1250cc twist'n'go by the way I shall look no further than the Bandit. 6th gear from Callander to Comrie, including all 30 limits and junctions, what a way to travel!

Oh, entries on a postcard please as to what 'slightly agressive filtering' is a euphemism for.
Old 28-04-09, 06:30 PM   #5
Bibio
Mega Poster

well since i enjoyed the last run so much i have decided to put up another route... calling it the 'hold on tight' run..

the route:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...7,3.570557&z=9

this will be either Sat 2nd or Sun 3rd May, weather dependant..

usual meeting point Mcdonalds at South Queensferry.... 9:30ish leaving for 10ish

so c'mon folks who's up for this???
Old 02-05-09, 07:57 PM   #6
Bibio
Mega Poster

Sunday May 3rd. Now Saturday May 2nd due to weather again.

Route

great ride today.. met up with appollo1 at blairg. day was on off showers but still good.. never done the full route.. appollo1 had a sorta time limit.. ended up going for a cuppa...

appollo is a great guy and a lovely family... cheers for the company today..

only done 170 odd miles today...

hope ur on the road soon fenjer...

Last edited by Kilted Ginger; 11-06-09 at 07:50 PM.
Old 06-06-09, 03:40 PM   #7
Bibio
Mega Poster

Sunday May 7th;

Route

nice route pete... will see you at S,Queens...

anyone else care to join?

Last edited by Kilted Ginger; 11-06-09 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-06-09, 09:12 PM   #8
Bibio
Mega Poster

haven't the foggiest.... suggestions?

how far are peeps prepared to travel?

could do this if you want..
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...1,3.548584&z=9

there are 2 nice ice cream shops on the route
Old 05-07-09, 09:46 PM   #9
peterco

Default Re: Bibio's Sunday Bimbles

Fuel light just came on at 198 miles,so need to fill up and see what the mpg is.

An unplanned stop due to a RTA at a crossroads.

pete
SV650 Naked
BMW 650cs Scarfer
MZ RT 125 4 stroke
peterco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-09, 09:39 AM   #10
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bibio's Sunday Bimbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Ginger View Post
I;m haadin g too brd, had a small libation asit was my my stag day, may not mkae this tomorroe, hope all gos well.
The dangers of logging on after a few shandies are clearly demonstrated here by our esteemed Moderator. Shall we open a book on some 'moderation' of his posts this morning ??

It looks like you had a good time KG !!!

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;

Last edited by Blue Flame; 12-07-09 at 09:40 AM.
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote