SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 07-09-07, 07:34 PM   #1
pupdog123

Default How do i become a member?

Hello GM I live in Sandhurst and am looking at joining GM, do I have to pay a subscription or something? I have a K6 sport with a massive shiny stock can on so please dont take the mick if you see me. HeHe. Booked in for tail tidy and bungs on first service, I hope Santa might leave me a new exhaust!!! Rode up to Fox's Diner yesterday evening and then back down to the Ely, had a look around in there at about 19.40 but there was no-one in there. I suppose you had already gone for a ride by then. I work awkward ****fs so cant come to every meet but would love to get involved where poss. This has turned into a bit of an essay so i'll sign off and hopefully meet some of you soon. Cheers
Old 07-09-07, 08:28 PM   #2
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Default Re: How do i become a member?

Yeah there's a huge subscription you have to pay to the first person to reply to you!

Seriously, come to the rideout on the 16th, Falc or HooliganDan hopefully could show you the way to boxhill if you don't know.

Oh and they were probably in the Ely but typical of GM meets didn't come by bike?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-07, 08:41 PM   #3
pupdog123

Working on the 16th but otherwise I would of been there. I work for the RAC as a Recovery driver so do shifts. It works out that one month I work most of the weekends then the next month I have most of them off, just a bit gutted I have worked all the weekends including this one since I have bought the bike. Do you meet all year round or just in the summer?
Old 07-09-07, 08:56 PM   #4
sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupdog123 View Post
Working on the 16th but otherwise I would of been there. I work for the RAC as a Recovery driver so do shifts. It works out that one month I work most of the weekends then the next month I have most of them off, just a bit gutted I have worked all the weekends including this one since I have bought the bike. Do you meet all year round or just in the summer?
The pub meets are weekly and all year round. Rideouts are whenever anyone can be bothered to organise one.
Old 07-09-07, 09:12 PM   #5
pupdog123

oh right sarah so there is a difference between pub meet and rideout then, do you tend to ride out in bad weather or jus meet there for a social evening and when its nice ride out aswell? sorry to sound thick
Old 07-09-07, 09:17 PM   #6
sarah

Quote:
oh right sarah so there is a difference between pub meet and rideout then, do you tend to ride out in bad weather or jus meet there for a social evening and when its nice ride out aswell? sorry to sound thick
The pub meets are normally Thursday evenings and usually involve most people turning up in a car and sitting around having a chat. It's worth keeping an eye on the threads in the Guildford Massive section because the pubs vary week to week and sometimes meets get cancelled at the last minute (I think that happened this week).

Rideouts are on the weekend and normally no-one turns up in a car (although it's not unheard of!) Shame you can't make the one next weekend.
Old 07-09-07, 09:22 PM   #7
pupdog123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
The pub meets are normally Thursday evenings and usually involve most people turning up in a car and sitting around having a chat. It's worth keeping an eye on the threads in the Guildford Massive section because the pubs vary week to week and sometimes meets get cancelled at the last minute (I think that happened this week).

Rideouts are on the weekend and normally no-one turns up in a car (although it's not unheard of!) Shame you can't make the one next weekend.
Yeah a bit gutted might try and sweet talk my boss and ask for a days holiday but dont hold up much hope for that, will keep an eye open on the forum for next Thursday but if there is a meet how will I be able to spot people if they're not on bikes?
Old 07-09-07, 09:27 PM   #8
sarah

Quote:
but if there is a meet how will I be able to spot people if they're not on bikes?
Good question. Eviltwin and I wandered round the pub in our leathers until the others noticed us and introduced themselves! If you are in bike gear I'm sure the others will come and say hi to you if you look lost!!

Last edited by sarah; 08-09-07 at 06:25 AM.
Old 07-09-07, 09:28 PM   #9
pupdog123

cheers sarah, looking forward to meeting you all sometime................ soon i hope
Old 08-09-07, 12:12 AM   #10
Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
Good question. Eviltwin and I wondered round the pub in our leathers until the others noticed us and introduced themselves! If you are in bike gear I'm sure the others will come and say hi to you if you look lost!!
In hindsight, we really should kept quiet and ignored them P.S. I wondered whether you meant wandered instead in your sentence.

Pupdog, You'll be lucky to see a motorcycle at a GM meet but give us some notice on the thread that'll you'll be there, and we'll keep a lookout for you.