SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 24-02-11, 10:15 AM   #1
scotty217

Default lucky escape

After cleaning my bike yesterday I took it down off of my abba stand and was taking the stand apart. I was standing on the rhs of my bike, loosened the grub screw that keeps the two stand pieces together and gave a firm pull to remove the arm from the swing arm pivot. well i musta pulled too hard cos my bike starts to lean towards me big style. Somehow i managed to get the abba arm under my armpit and grab the handle bars, but i distinctly hear the ominous clunk of the sidestand retracting. So I'm standing there like a fart in a trance thinking wot the ell do i do now. Heart is going like the clappers and all thats going through my head is f*ck f*ck f*ckitty f*ck. Anyway manage to drop the abba bit, climb on the bike from the right and put the sidestand down. Phew. I've got 2 tiny scratches on the tank from the bit of abba stand, and 2 valuable lessons - don't pull the stand apart too hard and don't clean the bike on the slopey bit of driveway idiot!
Old 24-02-11, 10:23 AM   #2
Reeder

Default Re: lucky escape

Oh you big silly billy!