SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 29-07-16, 07:38 PM   #1641
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

The model came from thingyverse, printer needs tweaking. I'll have to pass Yoko, don't have that amount to spare at the moment.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-16, 07:45 PM   #1642
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

The real ones have bigger lugs on the inside, as far as I can remember, and the plastic is just a little more flexible so you get tension when you have it rotated into place. They're normally a pretty tight fit. Better than nothing though!
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-16, 07:52 PM   #1643
Kenzie

There are plenty to download so I can always try another.
Old 30-07-16, 12:25 PM   #1644
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Broken camera came today, I have no qualms about using the bits as it's not even complete! It has a set of the right aperture blades in it so I can get on and fix the Konica. Someone has started bidding on the one on ebay, which is a shame as the meter in the busted one today is working fine. Oh well, the one in my Olympus is a bit flaky so if need be I have a spare.
Old 30-07-16, 01:47 PM   #1645
Kenzie

Thats good then. When do you think you will tackle it? I did some major surgery on my Pen today. Got a Pen EE off ebay that was jammed. Used the film door catch to repair my working Pen EE and transplanted the film counter from the jammed EE into the Pen and all is good. Will post up some photos later. The ebay Pen EE came with a wrist strap and its original box. Think the meter is dead anyway. The Pen I repaired today is an original 1959 type but has the extra lug for a neck strap so makes it a mk3. The mk2 has only one pug and the mk1 wasn't even made by Olympus.
Popped the shots in my Flickr repair album https://flic.kr/s/aHskEeGAyn
Does anyone know what Canon SLR the girl in Napoleon Dynamite uses?

Tip for dim rangefinder patch:

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-165.html

Last edited by Kenzie; 31-07-16 at 09:07 AM.
Old 30-07-16, 07:04 PM   #1646
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Good going mate! Yes have seen the RF trick before, not had to use it but apparently it's very effective.

Couldn't resist so while my daughter was napping I ripped into the Konica. It has a working aperture now, but the problem (as last time) is also the shutter. The co-cking shaft has a pin sticking out of the to engage with the winder from the body, and this makes it almost too wide to fit through the hole in the shutter baseplate. You can squeeze it through with pliers but this is way too rough and means the shutter blades fall out. I've posted on RF forum and FB for help. T'internet says the pin pushes out, one place even said it unscrews (though has no way to grip it), but it's solid, solid as a rock (m mmm). So I'm going to wait for advice as arranging the blades takes a while. The aperture blades are "fun" as you have to line up one set of studs on them with holes in the plate that goes on top i.e. isn't there. I hate Copal shutters, they're way too fiddly, you have to strip the front then back then front again. Be glad when it's in one piece again!
Old 30-07-16, 07:22 PM   #1647
Kenzie

Hopefully you can find a way of getting it back together. It's quite satisfying to be able to put something back together and have it work. By the sacrifice of one camera, two are now working. Can't wait to shoot with them. I put some masking tape over the rf patch on the Zorki 10 and it makes a HUGE difference.
Old 30-07-16, 09:27 PM   #1648
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Managed it in the end, not even sure how. I was showing my wife how the little shaft wouldn't fit through when it just popped through by itself. No real idea why or if it's meant to, it's a bit tenuous really, but managed to get all the blades in and the two halves back together. Phew. Another problem no in that there appears to be no timing of any sort, must not have refitted the escapement right, but will worry about that tomorrow. Hopefully the toughest part is done.
Old 31-07-16, 08:10 AM   #1649
Kenzie

Lets hope it has all been worth the effort!
Old 31-07-16, 05:00 PM   #1650
Kenzie

Picked up a three pack of Lomo Lady Grey from Boots. Reduced from £17 odd to £10 as it was short dated. Where is everyone? EBay won again, got a Canonet QL19 coming, stuck shutter though.

Last edited by Kenzie; 31-07-16 at 08:50 PM.